At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
PLATFORM ENGINEER – DATA PLATFORM
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
As part of the Platform Engineering team we design, build, and operate best-in-class platforms for application engineering and analytics teams to leverage. The main goal of the central Platform Engineering team is to unlock the potential of the application teams, so they spend more time focusing on business functionality, increasing velocity and reducing time to market. Moreover, the enterprise can better scale across its applications with similar platforms and shared microservices, making it easier to staff engineer assignments, as well as access enterprise information.
Inside the Data Platform team, which is part of Platform Engineering, we are looking for an experienced Platform Engineer with a focus on data and analytics to join our team of engineers in Zaragoza. As a member of our team you will use your experience as a software- and data engineer to improve different platforms, serving millions of users constantly. The role also includes building, operating, and improving commonly required capabilities to create and run applications in a modern way. A very important aspect is consulting business IT teams about the usage of these platform(s) and services to let them focus on delivering value at high speed.
What we offer:
- Being part of a brilliant and highly motivated technical team, designing and implementing platforms for the most challenging users, the engineering and data science community.
- Help us building the best Data and ML Platform for adidas, following modern architectures and paradigms like Data Mesh and MLOps.
- Unlock the value and democratize the access of 5 petabytes of data.
- Be part of a company where digital transformation, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
- Join a team of talented and passionate engineers, with a lot of opportunities to learn, grow and reach your expectations.
- Individual development, training and a tech community.
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility.
- A job where you can demonstrate and boost your engineering and architecture experience while getting the wide adidas picture by collaborating with the different product teams
- A flexible and international work environment with lots of employee benefits (sports, flexible working hours, training & learning opportunities, etc.)
What we are looking for…
- Eager to look for perfection via software design patterns, clean code, continuous integration/delivery and everything as code
- Passionate software engineer with hands-on AWS skills (focus on data & analytics)
- Infrastructure automation knowledge for cloud: AWS, Cloudformation, TERRAForm
- Knowledge of containerized and orchestration environments such as Docker and Kubernetes
- A believer of software craftsmanship as an approach to build software better everyday
- Polyglot with regards to languages and storage, choosing what fits best for every case
- Obsessed about data and analytics providing value for our business
- Collaborative and inspiring team member, who is eager to teach and learn from others
- 4+ years of experience in software / data engineering
- Fluent in English
- Nice to have:
- Experience in Machine Learning
- Data Engineering tech stack knowledge
Main technologies we use:
- Languages: Python, Typescript
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform, CloudFormation
- Data and ML: EMR, Sagemaker
- CI/CD and orchestration: Jenkins, Airflow
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Kubernetes templating: Helm
- Streaming: Kafka
- Observability: Prometheus stack, ELK stack, Grafana.
- Cloud platforms: AWS.
- Agile methodologies: Scrum/Kanban.
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.
THROUGH SPORT, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES
Check out the adidas developer portal to see our latest projects, platforms and tech stacks: https://adidas.github.io