The Global Logistics & Distribution (GLD) team is a relatively new, close-knit, and rapidly growing team within the adidas organization, entrusted with large-scale global operations initiatives that improve cost, experience and responsiveness for adidas consumers.
In this highly visible role, the Senior Manager will:
Structure the GLD strategic and demand processes
Run these processes, ensuring highest standards and maintaining transparency on GLD’s portfolio of projects, deliverables, and targets
Incubate new requests, concepts, and projects on behalf of the SVP Global Logistics & Distribution until they are ready to be handed over to a definitive owner
Drive alignment and collaboration across adidas functions, contributing to a one-team dynamic in a high-growth environment
- Manage the demand process to collect, challenge and consolidate GLD demand and enable Supply Chain Management Steering Board and Global IT Program Board decision making across all regions. Ensure business cases, timelines and deliverables are in line with GLD and business objectives and aligned with key stakeholders. Partner with project managers, markets and other functions to deliver projects on time, on budget and with quality
- On a quarterly basis, drive the identification and prioritization of GLD project portfolio, providing transparency at the most senior levels through a GLD Exec Summary
- Facilitate functional alignments with key stakeholders within the broader adidas community, bringing relevant material and structure to regularly scheduled touchpoints
- Plan, prepare and follow up on senior management presentations for internal & external use, based upon adidas Group standards. Manage Functional Board activities and prepare material for updates to Program Boards. Communicate the outcome of Boards decisions. Proactively follow up on action items when due.
- Develop strong working relationships and communication lines across the complete supply chain network. Use these to bolster the role’s position as primary point of contact for requests to GLD team coming from other functions and from markets. Take ownership of requests and ensure they are answered in time, with quality and consistency.
- On behalf of (and working directly with) the SVP of Global Logistics & Distribution, incubate high-profile strategic projects and concepts until they are ready to be handed over to a definitive owner.
- Coordinate the Objectives and Key Results (OKR) process for GLD
- Elevate adoption, quality and consistency of project management methodology and standards within the GLD project community.
- Structure and coordinate the onboarding process for the GLD team, incl. onboarding checklists and decks
- SVP Global Logistics & Distribution
- Senior Leadership Team Global Logistics & Distribution
- SVP Supply Chain, Global Operations
- Global Logistics & Distribution Project Managers
- Strategy & Planning Team
- Supply Chain Management/IT Project Managers & Cost Center owners
- Key functional contacts, including those from Controlling & Corporate Procurement, IT/Tech, Digital Sales Solutions, eCom commercial
- Functional Coordination Boards, Supply Chain Management Steering Board & Global IT Program Board
- Informal network to all Supply Chain Management & Global IT functions
Knowledge, Capabilities and Expereince
- Ability to lead, influence and gain cooperation from individuals without solid reporting line
- Ability to influence at the highest levels of the market organization
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship development & management skills. Proven ability to develop effective relationships with business partners.
- Strategic planning experience desired (including process and strategy definition as well as execution)
- Strong grasp of Supply Chain principles and functional operating practices
- Proven ability to deliver in ambiguous and high-growth environments
- Knowledge of the adidas Group processes a plus
- University degree
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Supply Chain/Logistics/Distribution background
- Strong project and program management experience
- Prior consulting experience a plus