The Supervisor is a sales based shop floor position which will be accountable for maintaining the highest standards on the sales floor, whereby creating a memorable shopping experience, managing the sales team efficiently within guidelines, maximizing performance by achieving sales targets.
The Role will also ensure that the Brand and its products are portrayed at the highest standard.
On occasions he or she may be required to deputies for the Assistant Store Manager in the daily running of the store.
- Store Operations: Ensures that all Health & Safety requirements are maintained as in the guidelines and that the store is operated as a safe working environment, with any and all near misses are reported following the company procedures. In the absence of the Store Management assists in ensuring all Company administration is kept up-to-date and relevant information is passed on to Head Office in a timely manner. When required assists in ensuring all deliveries are unloaded, checked off and transferred to the sales floor quickly and efficiently and that all relevant paperwork (Discrepancies) are recorded on appropriate paperwork and e-mailed to H/O, then filed away in the filing system for easy retrieval. Must have thorough knowledge of stock and all aspects of running the store from Register operation to stock replenishment and petty cash purchases. Ensures all staff uses their own personal pin number when operating the Register.
- Team Activation: While ensuring a high level of customer service, the sales supervisor will encourage, coach and motivate the sales team to achieve their daily KPI’s. Supports the Manager/assistant Manager in building a Team that Individually as well as collectively fully inherit the true meaning of the Brand and fully understand Company Policy & Procedure and in turn create a store of excellence for the Customer to shop in. Through effective communication encourages an environment on the Sales Floor that allows staff to put forward ideas to within the store. Identifies from staff performances, possible training and development needs of individuals.
- Personal Development: On occasions, the supervisor may be asked to leave the store for training, supplying cover or other purposes as requested by your District Manager for the further development of its career, and for the needs of the business
- Visual Merchandising: Ensure that visual merchandising and housekeeping are to the Company standard and that attention to detail is maintained always. Ensure that all new lines are merchandised on the shop floor within 24 hours of receiving shipment
- 4 years of experience in retail experience preferably with a fashion / lifestyle oriented brand, focusing on delivering excellent Customer Service
- High School / Bachelor education or equivalent.
- Credibility in giving direction to team.
- Fluent in local language.
- Good spoken and written command of English. Additional Language a plus.
- Ability to use PC based till system, Lotus notes / Word / Excel is an advantage
- General knowledge of Social Media and digital trends.