The North Face EMEA is looking for an exceptional Go To Market Director to play a key role in delivering the global long range plan for the business, including market, customer and competitor landscape analysis.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The GTM Director is responsible for driving the seasonal execution through an integrated GTM process. Your primary focus will be on growth opportunities manifested in the TNF OGSTM and you will partner with brand VP/GM and their direct reports for leading, planning, execution support, and assessment activities that grow revenue and profitability and build brand equity.
How You Will Make a Difference
- GTM process: Partner with Product, Sales, DTC and Marketing teams to lead and drive multiple seasonal GTM processes at once, managing each season’s regional GTM calendar and timelines and driving the execution of deliverables leading into and out of each milestone, with a specific reference of the organization, planning and execution of the seasonal Sales Meetings. Working directly with the brand GM, the functional leads and all other functions involved in the GTM. Support TNF GM to ensure deeper collaboration across functions. Use market and consumer insights to better info GTM strategy, identify opportunities to reduce complexity and drive overall brand positioning in the marketplace in the regional GTM processes. Amend the GTM process based on current market and strategic needs, including process mapping, defining roles & responsibilities and collaborate with key GTM stakeholders to implement change.
- Strategy execution: in partnership with the Central Strategy VF team EMEA, support TNF GM and senior leadership team to lead and drive our regional annual strategies in alignment with global priorities through OGSTM framework: seasonal execution plans for all departments and at all levels, tracking and reporting KPIs. To ensure holistic cascading of VF and brand strategies into all departments, organize GPS day in close collaboration with HR to support objective setting into Workday. Provide regional inputs and data to inform global brand strategy development.
- Lead strategic and GTM meetings for all regional GTM milestones, give directions for cross functional collaboration and alignment and make GTM related decisions with cross-functional scope, while functional responsibilities will stay within the functional teams
What you need to succeed
- Executive presence, team player and excellent influencing skills will be essential attributes within our consensus-driven and matrix culture. The broad ranging scope of the role will require you to be flexible, service-oriented, adapt easily to different challenges and be comfortable working in a fast changing and entrepreneurial environment. The ability to reflect Company’s values is important to succeeding in the educational role that you will play
- You will be fluent in English and, ideally, have fluency in at least one other major EMEA language, preferably as your native tongue (e.g., German, Italian, French) and will have a very strong academic record from a leading university (MBA or EMEA equivalent preferred).
- You will have a multinational and multicultural background with meaningful experience (at least 10+ years total professional experience, excluding business school), including at least half in Europe.
- You will have worked in both management consulting (for a “blue chip” firm that taught the basic consulting skill set) as well as a consumer brand company with either direct (i.e., P&L) or indirect (e.g., strategy, insights, innovation, finance) experience driving brand growth. If you
have only one of these two professional experiences (e.g., only worked as a consultant) you will need to demonstrate specialized experience relevant to The North Face (e.g., the consulting firm specialized in brand strategy work for consumer products clients).
- You will have a “consumer first” orientation and will have had 5+ years experience directly working with consumer brands (either as a consultant or in a consumer brand company) – preferably in retail, e-commerce, and/or apparel/footwear. Further, you need to be facile at applying consumer research data (does not have to be able to manage consumer research vendors or know in-depth research methodology, though ability here is a plus).
- You must be able to maintain a neutral cross functional position, engage a problem solving mindset, and have a high level of focus on execution. Your communication skills and attention to detail—while being able to simplify—will be paramount to your success.