We’re looking for an outstanding, pro-active Concession Manager to lead our Kipling concession based in Arnotts, Dublin.
Today Kipling’s well-known bags and accessories are available around the world in over 80 countries. We are on a mission, to live a vibrant and colorful life – to go places you never been before. We lighten your step, powering your curiosity, to go your own way.
Kipling is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
If you are an active lifestyler then you are probably very familiar with brands such as Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Napapjiri, Kipling and others. These are just some of the names we at VF produce and sell in over 1500 stores across 170 countries.
As our concession manager, your input will be key, leading and nurturing a team and displaying your own initiative to drive sales and customer satisfaction within a department store setting.
Let’s talk about the role!
We believe that our concession managers have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us. That’s because we offer the support of a global organisation but give our managers the freedom to try out new solutions to drive sales and enhance customer experience. We actively encourage them to suggest improvements to our own processes and systems.
We expect that our store managers deliver unbeatable customer service whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
- Leading, motivating and mentoring your concession team
- Implementing our established retail processes while looking for ways to improve them
- Staying on top of core retail operation procedures such as inventory, P&L etc
- Ensuring operational policies and procedures are respected
- Reporting performance metrics and understanding your KPIs to improve your concession results
- Making sure your concession look great, in line with the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines
How you’ll make a difference…
- You have experience in all facets of running a concession or a store, including budgeting and planning, retail operations and merchandising
- You know how to build a high performing team, are a great coach and have a knack of creating a supportive, fun environment
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in the use of MS Office and different POS systems
- You are flexible when it comes to working weekends, evenings and holidays when necessary
What makes you the perfect Store Manager?
First of all, you LOVE interacting with customers. The joy of helping a customer find the perfect product is incredibly special and you get that. However sometimes, let’s face it, working in a store can be demanding. No problem for you, as you are a pro at handling stressful situations.
You lead by example with your hands-on mentality, enthusiasm and passion for delivering a fantastic customer experience. In fact, you will thrive on transforming every customer into a buyer. Different customers need a different approach and you know how to deliver it! You also know how to create a great team who share your passion and vision to make every shopping experience outstanding.
You take pride in mentoring employees and seeing them develop. Each staff member has their own unique personality, which requires a personal touch. You understand this and that’s what makes you a great leader and store manager.
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme and staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). And we offer the same. Only different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- The opportunity to travel to conferences and network with other Store Managers throughout Europe
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful candidates for the interview stage.