Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
Let’s talk about the role!
As Women's Apparel Product Manager for Timberland Global Apparel, your primary focus will be creating, owning, and championing the Women's Apparel product line, through a strong strategic direction and product line management. You will drive our business assortment through brief management, sales/margin accountability, and adhering to internal calendars to create pricing strategies to meet our financial target. We are inspired by an individual who can lead a cross-functional team with confidence and guide the concept and assortment strategy in your respective categories.
You will work closely with cross functional departments during the product development & GTM process. These areas include but are not limited to Design, Product Development, Fabric team, Business Analyst, Footwear counterparts, DTC, Marketing, Wholesale and Planning. Among this role, you will participate in seasonal product line reviews, owning/presenting your respective categories.
- Develop global Women Apparel product strategy based on target consumer needs. Identify product and category opportunities based on market trends and consumer insights. Incorporate into global product strategies, strive for global consistency and local relevancy.
- Gather financials, competitor insights, line plans, and DTC & wholesales market needs each season to develop a Global product brief to brief the design and development team.
- Actively research the competition and trend insights, while recommending product and pricing strategies and marketing standpoints to keep the brand ahead of its competitors
- Manage the efficiency/effectiveness of Women Apparel line in partnership with Sr. Merchandising Manager.
- Closely analyze Style & SKU plan seasonally. Review historical performance identifying redundancies in the line, proposing required changes to positively impact business to meet financial targets.
- Partner with design and development teams for the product line creation. Review prototypes/samples to ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic, the required commerciality as well as quality standards.
- Adhere to the development and GTM calendar process to effectively prepare for key milestones.
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership when collaborating with team members to achieve a common objective.
- Share your vision in a clear manner when presenting at product line reviews & GTM process.
- Create an environment where employees are encouraged to perform at their potential and where diversity is respected and encouraged
- Geographic Coverage & Frequency of Travel: as required 20% amount of time
How You’ll Make a Difference…
- 5+ years relevant experience. Minimum of 3 years of product management experience, women's line preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Merchandising, Product Development, Marketing, or an equivalent combination of merchandising experience in the apparel industry and training that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to work in the “Apparel Industry” and an ability to identify and foresee trends with marked product sensibility.
- Strongly Sales-oriented mindset and analytical skills.
- Understands and embraces industry, consumer, and culture, on global level.
- Advanced computer literacy and facility with Microsoft Office, Excel, Keynote/Power Point, Illustrator and PLM system
- Organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Resourceful, hands-on, and able to sense urgency.
- Fluent in English.
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after. That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!