We’re looking for a proactive District Manager to lead our The North Face store teams in France.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
As a District Manager you will be responsible for developing and nurturing a team of store managers (and their store teams) in achieving sales and profitability goals, ensuring short, medium and long-term business growth in accordance with our Brands’ philosophy.
Let’s talk about the role!
As a District manager, you will be expected to deliver in the following areas:
Sales and Profitability:
• Maximize the profit of stores by setting direction and providing support towards achieving objectives in sales, expenses and inventory control.
• Partners regularly with Retail Operations, other corporate partners and the HQ to drive business and execute brand strategy.
• Provides regular feedback regarding sales performance, regular audits of store performance against objectives and recommends changes when necessary.
Brand Experience/Customer Service:
• Ensure excellence in customer service in all stores by modelling brand specific service standards as well as by monitoring customer feedback and responding to and addressing all customer concerns quickly.
• Ensures that store teams are engaging with each customer to create an authentic brand experience.
• Empower associates to make decisions in the customer’s best interest that also support the Company’s philosophy
• Evaluate store sales and payroll goals on a regular basis using key business reports and payroll tools.
• Serve as a liaison between the field organization and corporate business partners
• Communicates with Store Management on a regular basis in-person, through email, during weekly conference calls, and daily calls as needed
• Participates in new store openings where applicable, managing and leading the opening of the store and hiring new store talent.
• Ensures the visual presentation and merchandising aspects of the stores are consistent with brand vision and company standards.
• Provides regular constructive feedback to visual merchandising teams regarding visual presentation in the stores (correct interpretation and application according to business criteria, adaptation to local market conditions)
• Manage all special events inclusive of collection previews, client events, sale events and center events, etc.
• During store visits, maintain relationships with associates at all levels reinforcing the Open Door Policy
• Develop and maintain succession plans for store leadership positions to support the organizational evolution
• Partner with Human Resources Business Partner as needed
• Responsible for ensuring the store management is delivering the brand experience to all employees through all company engagement programs
• Ensure individual goals are set for managers; manage results to ensure peak performance
• Ensure all company policies, procedures, and programs are fully understood, implemented, and executed by Store Manager and Store Personal
What makes you the perfect District Manager?
• Solid and consistent management experience in a comparable position
• Ideally you already have experience in managing several stores in the from an outdoor, fashion or lifestyle background
• High level of responsibility, communication skills and flexibility
• Frequent travel (approximately 75% or more) often with little advance notice as required (including air and overnight travel)
• Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment
• Experience in employee development and identification of talent management, with the goal of achieving current and future business goals
• Proven ability to adapt quickly to ambiguity and new and uncharted initiatives that become necessary to succeed in the very dynamic retail world and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities
• Service and customer-oriented working methods and operational readiness
• Fluent English and French
• Proven ability to meet current and future business goals through continuous identification and development of store management talent
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme and staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). And we offer the same. Only different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
• Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
• A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
• Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
• An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!