POSITION TITLE: Team Leader Shipping (m/f/d)
LOCATION: Überherrn, Germany
As Team Leader Shipping you will guarantee the performance of the shipping activities from the warehouse in order to contribute to customer satisfaction and cost efficiency. You will also manage the shipping agents and improve the processes, in accordance with the business requirements and the company policy.
- Managing a team of 4 shipping agents: informing and training people on the logistic procedures
- Cooperating closely with the Outbound team leader in order to organise the on-the-ground actions for shipping activities: anticipating the volumes and resources, planning the operating times, and making sure that the customer deadlines are met.
- Guaranteeing the daily operations for shipping activities: daily check of shipments, analysis and problem solving in cooperation with other departments (i.e. inventory, picking, packing, IT, sales, maintenance etc.), compilation of shipping reports.
- Supporting the implementation of corrective actions to solve incidents. Getting in touch with customers and providers (forwarders, carriers) when required.
- University degree in Logistics or Business Administration
- Previous experience as a team lead in an industrial company or logistics sector
- Good knowledge in transportation field
- Fluent in German and English
- Good command of MS Office, SAP knowledge is a plus
- Sense of customer service
- High stress tolerance, capacity to manage emergency situations
- Excellent communication skills, team player
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- An interesting role in an exciting industry
- Career progression opportunities
- The opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
If you are a person who thrives in a changing environment and views this as an opportunity to develop further, please submit your application online.