Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Act as an “Advisor” to the organization in all relevant Global Legal issues. Support the Senior Director – Global Legal Digital to provide advice, solutions and challenges to enable strategic initiatives and protect and enhance adidas’ assets. Support in maintaining all Global Legal standards and principles.
- Enable and support in the provision of legal services and compliance requirements for the Global Legal Digital team. .
- Work towards the achievement of the team strategy.
- Where appropriate support the management, negotiation and resolution of legal and business disputes for relevant business stakeholders to enable fact based decision making.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of contracts to protect interests of the adidas Group working closely with appropriate business stakeholders.
- Support in the driving of an ethics and compliance culture and ensure all related matters are appropriately handled including all aspects of communication, education, and implementation of the Compliance program with appropriate business stakeholders.
- Effectively manage and supervise the delivery of legal advice and services through external counsel where needed.
- Actively participate and support the implementation of initiatives and identify improvement potential to ensure efficient Legal processes in close alignment with the wider Global Legal team.
- Develop and conduct educational programs and materials for clients as appropriate.
- Global Legal Digital team.
- Interacts and works with the entire Global Legal Digital team and all other Global Legal functions.
- Interacts internally with all levels of organization.
- Interacts externally with outside counsel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiastic, flexible and positive mind set representing the Group’s value of integrity.
- Strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Strong background in contract law, drafting, negotiation and business counselling.
- Quick learner, open to acquire additional knowledge through training and ‘learning by doing’.
- A strong sense of legal business management and administration with the ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
- Ability to work independently and manage and prioritize substantial and diverse workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be fluent in English, additional European languages may be considered an advantage.
- Strong team player.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (occasionally to the adidas’ office in Amsterdam, NL).
- Fluent in English (oral and written) (German is not essential but an advantage).
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Law Degree, with local legal professional admission in good standing.
- 3+ years of law firm or corporate counsel experience in general corporate, transactional and commercial law.
- Experience in and/or affinity towards information technology, e-commerce, competition law, media law, IP, copy right and/or industrial property rights.
- Preferably experience with multinational companies with multi m