Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Global Business Services (GBS) designs, builds and operates consistent end-to-end business solutions for adidas, delivering services in the areas of finance, non-trade procurement and human resources. This drives operating efficiency, better customer experience, company agility and decision making, and ensures the compliance and control environment. This is enabled through consistent end-to-end processes, strong, globally consistent governance of solutions and services, state of the art technology and tools, creativity and continuous improvement.
The role consist of two main parts: Resource planning and GBS Performance Management. Resource planning is a critical area for GBS and include elements like building sizing models for organization, identification of main workload drivers for each process and consolidation of all data points to create single source of truth for FTE movement (that includes actuals, inflows and outflows, new demand, efficiencies, organic growth, etc.)
Performance Management include definition of GBS Global Dashboard and KPIs, balance scorecard and framework of how data should be used to drive process improvements. The Director Delivery Excellence – will make sure that data are available and distributed to relevant stakeholders, there is a regular process in place to review process performance and productivity metrics, and right corrective actions are taken.
- Set targets for the direct reports and manage performance & development of the team
- Lead a global team and create a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are challenged, coached, trained and provided with career opportunities
- Create an environment which drives the teams to execution excellence
- Enables an organisation to conduct current state workforce analysis and future state scenario planning, predicting the operational impact of changes to internal and external factors
- Proactively prepare for changes in workload demand to enable fact based decision by Senior Leadership
- Monitor key GBS processes for capacity and demand, identify capacity constraints and provide analysis.
- Provide a clear and transparent view of the required number of resources to meet demand, and where they should be allocated.
- Enable fact based decision making when it comes to timing and changes in GBS roadmap (short-, mid- and long-term)
- Leads design and build of automated reporting and dashboards to track business performance metrics
- Lead the consolidated service performance review of all GBS Centers and processes globally
- In collaboration with Global Process Leads develop measurement and reporting mechanisms for appropriate operational and financial metrics (KPIs, SLA’s, etc.) to be tracked and measured.
- In alignment with the Global Performance and Process Excellence standards, develop, implement and evolve a strategic process performance and management framework to mature E2E process performance.
- GBS Leadership team
- Global Process Owners
- Operations teams in centers
- Global Delivery Excellence team
- IT Platform Engeenering team
- GBS Transition Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of the E2E-processes operated by Global Business Services and their main metrics
- Strong data acumen, being able to model and analyze complex data sets
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to influence without authority and work effectively in a matrix organisation
- Experience with reporting systems and efficient data pipeline architecture
- Focused on delivery of results through effective planning and solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
- Ability to work and deliver in changing environments, under limited guidance while adhering to specified deadlines
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex situations and develop innovative solutions within a changing environment
- Knowledge of the performance measurement function and practices
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Ability to guide teams in a trustful and proficient manner
- Excellent English language proficiency
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in GBS organization demonstrating progressive responsibility in roles focused on driving service excellence through the application of analytics, or Resource Planning
- The successful candidate will have experience in business level reporting, complex data mining and analysis as well as data visualization.
- Preferably have implemented Performance Management System (e.g. Balanced Scorecard) in a large organization
- Preferably experience working in Agile/Product lead organization
- University degree or equivalent experience