At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
One way to reach this goal is your contribution within our Web&Mobile team, where your attention is all about providing the technical solutions to the fast growth adidas digital business. We create the vision, design, build and operate everything related to adidas digital B2C business. This includes online stores for all markets, both web and app, and everything related to digital marketing. On the same we build and operate our hype events platforms and digital retail.
We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join our team of engineers in Zaragoza.As a member of our team you will use your experience as a Solution Architect to improve and extend our backend solution based on microservices that support millions of users constantly.
- Actively maintains knowledge in content management and delivery.
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the product’s planning and operations.
- Collaborates with other specialists, (tech enablement) where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Within given research goals, builds on and refines appropriate outline ideas for research, including evaluation, development, demonstration and implementation.
- Applies standard methods to collect and analyses quantitative and qualitative data.
- Bringing best practices from the research and influence the Product Owner in evolving the product to the next level.
- Uses available resources to update knowledge of any relevant field and curates a personal collection of relevant material. Participates in research communities.
Emerging technology monitoring
- Partner with tech enablement team of adidas in proposing emerging technology stack and ensuring the product platform are built on or approved tech stack.
- Contributes to the creation of reports, technology road mapping and the sharing of knowledge and insights.
- Owns the IT platform of the product, ensuring the stability, reliability and quality of the product is always maintained by adhering to adidas architecture guardrails.
- Maintains the architecture of the IT platform and ensuring the relevance towards the business needs.
- Participate in IT platform evaluation and blueprinting.
- Produces specifications of cloud-based or on-premises components, tiers and interfaces, for translation into detailed designs using selected services and products.
- Supports a change program or project through the preparation of technical plans and application of design principles that comply with enterprise and solution architecture standards (including security).
- Contributes towards technical requirements of all the products/features.
- Undertakes complete design of moderately complex software applications or components applying agreed standards, patterns and tools.
- Assists as part of a team in the design of components of larger software systems.
- Specifies user and/or system interfaces.
- Creates multiple design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the design and to handle separately functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assists in the evaluation of options and trade-offs.
- Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors moderately complex programs/scripts.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
Systems integration and build
- Defines the software modules needed for an integration build and produces a build definition for each generation of the software.
- Accepts completed software modules, ensuring that they meet defined criteria.
- Produces software builds from software source code for loading onto target hardware.
- Configures the hardware and software environment as required by the system being integrated.
- Produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records and reports on outcomes.
- Diagnoses faults and records and reports on the results of tests. Produces system integration reports.
What we are looking for:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 5-6-year experience in IT
- 2 years of experience in Solution/Technical/Application Architecture
- Understanding of different culture
- Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets
- Libraries: React
- Frameworks: NodeJs, NestJs, Spring Boot/Cloud (optional)
- Container knowledge: Kubernetes, Docker
- CMS tools: headless CMS
- Database: NoSQL (DynamoDB or Cassandra), RDMS (Optional) – MySQL Postgresql)
- Architecture: AWS, APIs, Microservices architecture, event driven architecture
- Messaging: Kafka, SQS
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Agile methodologies: Scrum/Kanban
What we offer:
- You will be part of a highly engaged, multinational with international career opportunities
- Individual development, training and a tech community
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility
- Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas & Reebok products
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.
THROUGH SPORT, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES
Check out the adidas developer portal to see our latest projects, platforms and tech stacks: https://adidas.github.io