At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
Senior Solution Architect
One way to reach this goal is your contribution within our Digital tech team, where your attention is all about providing the technical solutions to the fast growth adidas digital business. We create the vision, design, build and operate everything related to adidas digital B2C business. This includes online stores for all markets, both web and app, and everything related to digital marketing. On the same we build and operate our hype events platforms and digital retail.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Solution Architect to join our team of engineers in Zaragoza.As a member of our team you will use your experience as a Solution Architect to improve and extend our backend solution based on microservices that support millions of users constantly.
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Design technical solutions for adidas’ Consumer services platforms. These tools are used by our consumer service specialists as well as being integrated into our consumer websites and mobile apps.
- Act as a specialist IT counterpart to our Product Owners
- Facilitate technical discussions and bridge the gap between the IT and business worlds
- Bring best practices from research to influence the Product Owners in evolving customer service tools to the next level.
- Ensure that our ever-evolving applications remain in line with our Architecture Guardrails
- Create proof-of-concept applications to demonstrate solutions or ideas
- Collaborate closely with engineers to have new features and improvements implemented
- Invest time in personal growth and development by using online resources and receiving coaching from senior architects
WHAT IS THE TECH STACK LIKE?
We use very modern technologies and methodologies to prioritize developer experience and productivity while enabling us to produce fantastic results for our consumers. And we’re always open to new ideas and improvements.
Our Customer Services platform is based on Salesforce Service Cloud, with APIs built using Java, Kafka and Firebase. We operate on a modern micro-service architecture providing access to all of our enterprise platforms.
All of our wonderful code is compiled and packaged up into Docker images by Jenkins CI/CD pipelines and deployed to our high availability Kubernetes clusters.
What we are looking for:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 7-8 years experience in IT
- 2 years of experience in Solution/Technical/Application Architecture
- Understanding of different culture
- Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets
- Languages: Java8/11, Typescript (optional)
- Frameworks: Node.JS, Spring Boot/Cloud
- Container knowledge: Kubernetes, Docker
- CMS tools: headless CMS or Sitecore or Umbraco
- Database: NoSQL (MongoDB, or Cassandra), relation database (MySQL or POSTgradeSQL)
- Architecture style: Microservices architecture, event driven architecture
- Messaging: Kafka, SQS
- CI/CD: Jenkins
What we offer:
- You will be part of a highly engaged, multinational with international career opportunities
- Individual development, training and a tech community
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility
- Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas & Reebok products
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.
THROUGH SPORT, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES
Check out the adidas developer portal to see our latest projects, platforms and tech stacks: https://adidas.github.io