Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Data engineer builds and optimizes the systems that allow perform proper analytics. They are responsible for the accuracy of the data as well as making it accessible to individuals who need to work with it. The data engineer ensures that any data is properly received, transformed, stored, and made accessible to other users.
- Develops analytics policy, standards and guidelines.
- Establishes and manages analytics methods, techniques and capabilities to enable the organization to analyses data, to generate insights, create value and drive decision-making.
- Sets direction and leads the introduction and use of analytics to meet overall business requirements, ensuring consistency across all user groups.
- Identifies and establishes the veracity of the external sources of information which are relevant to the operational needs of the enterprise. Consultancy
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
- Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited. Specialist advice
- Provides organizational leadership and guidelines to promote the development and exploitation of specialist knowledge in the organization.
- Maintains a network of recognized experts (inside and/or outside the organization) who can deliver expert advice in areas relevant to the organization’s current and future needs.
- Provides input into professional development planning across a significant part of the organization to further the development of appropriate expertise. Emerging technology monitoring
- Plans and leads the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and the evaluation of the potential impacts, threats and opportunities.
- Creates technology roadmaps which align organizational plans with emerging technology solutions.
- Engages with, and influences, relevant stakeholders to obtain organizational commitment to technology roadmaps.
- Develops organizational guidelines for monitoring emerging technologies.
- Collaborates with internal and external parties to facilitate intelligence gathering. Data modelling and design
- Sets standards for data modelling and design tools and techniques, advises on their application, and ensures compliance.
- Manages the investigation of corporate data requirements, and co-ordinates the application of data analysis, design and modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of the corporate information requirements, in order to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Manages the iteration, review and maintenance of data requirements and data models.
- Provides expert guidance in the selection, provision and use of database and data warehouse architectures, software and facilities.
- Provides specialist expertise in the design characteristics of database management systems (DBMS) or data warehouse products/services.
- Ensures that physical database design policy supports transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
- Ensures that data warehouse design policy supports demands for business intelligence and data analytics.
- Devises and implements master data management processes, including classification, security, quality, ethical principles, retrieval and retention processes.
- Derives data management structures and metadata to support consistency of information retrieval, combination, analysis, pattern recognition and interpretation, throughout the organization.
- Plans effective data storage, sharing and publishing within the organization.
- Independently validates external information from multiple sources.
- Assesses issues which might prevent the organization from making maximum use of its information assets.
- Develops organizational policies, standards, and guidelines for software construction and refactoring.
- Plans and leads software construction activities for strategic, large and complex development projects.
- Develops new methods and organizational capabilities and drives adoption of, and adherence to policies and standards.
- Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests, including software security testing, within a development or integration project or program.
- Takes responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution.
- Defines and communicates the test strategy for the project.
- Manages all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability.
- Manages client relationships with respect to testing matters.
- Identifies process improvements and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice. Relationship management
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Facilitates business decision-making processes.
- Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
People Management / Resource Management:
- Responsible for salary reviews, recruitment, selection, assessment, on-boarding and transitioning of resources.
- Manages the effective implementation of resource planning, recruitment, selection, assessment, on-boarding and transitioning of resources.
- Advises on standards, methods and tools for resource management.
- Ensures compliance with relevant statutory or external regulations and codes of good practice.
- Contributes to the development of resource management policies, standards and guidelines and to audits and assessment of resource management processes.
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR (Senior) Management
- Controlling Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 15-year experience in IT
- 12 years of experience in relevant area
- 10 years of experience in team management including professional grade
- Living or working outside home market
- Lead local market/function projects and programs