Senior Director Development App
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation
Achieve the “end to end” business goals and objectives of the adidas Apparel Business Unit, and lead and manage all Operations functions that support the goals in a manner that is aligned with the mission and objectives of Global Operations and its vision.
- Set and execute strategic direction for product creation for all segments of respective apparel units.
- Drive the development strategy and create alignment with all relevant business partners to ensure that the objectives for the Team Sports Apparel business are supported appropriately across all functions.
- Structure and manage the organization to keep the highest emphasis on creating the best product (Quality/Innovation), providing a high price/value relationship and on-time to market demand (Management Performance).
- Create and maintain constructive relationships with the cross departmental management team – Sourcing, Marketing, Design, HR, Controlling etc.
- Lead and supervise the Development, Material Development & Innovation and Costing activities for Team Sports Apparel Operations in alignment with Global counterparts.
- Communicate current and future business needs to Global Operations counterparts to allow continuous improvement in resources, systems, procedures, and processes, aimed at elevating customer satisfaction levels, achieving product and service excellence and establishing industry cost leadership.
- Implement customized processes that support apparel and segment specific needs.
- Work closely with the Sourcing Organization to establish a seasonal development strategy and work actively on the product development allocation based on quality, delivery and price.
- Drive Cross functional excellence by building effective working processes between the core functions of Development, Materials, Costing, Pattern Making; sourcing and Logistics functions to achieve business targets efficiently and effectively.
- Continuously drive product innovation for the Apparel business by materials, trims, workmanship and construction of product.
- Form the appropriate structure to manage the organization, identify and developing the future talent and ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through effective motivation, coaching, training and development of direct reports and the development team.
- Drive Continuous Improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Manage and operate the department within the agreed budgets.
- Human Resources
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Undergraduate university degree
- Fluent English; German/Asian languages an advantage
- 10 years minimum progressive work experience in the Apparel industry, specializing in Product Development, Sourcing and/or Materials or directly related field with appropriate management experience. Proven record of leadership and accomplishment in a multi-national environment.