Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
A data scientist is a specialist who applies its expertise in statistics and building machine learning models to make predictions and answer key business questions. They focus on understanding, cleaning and analyzing data from the past and present perspectives and producing reliable predictions for the future.
- Applies a range of mathematical, statistical, predictive modelling or machine-learning techniques in consultation with experts if appropriate, and with sensitivity to the limitations of the techniques.
- Selects, acquires and integrates data for analysis.
- Develops data hypotheses and methods, trains and evaluates analytics models, shares insights and findings and continues to iterate with additional data.
- Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organization.
- Assists in defining acceptance tests for these recommendations. Data modelling and design
- Applies data analysis, design, and modelling techniques to establish, modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). Programming/software development
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors moderately complex programs/scripts.
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate. Data visualization
- Applies a of variety visualization techniques and designs the content and appearance of data visuals.
- Operationalizes and automates activities for efficient and timely production of data visuals.
- Selects appropriate visualization approach from a range of applicable options.
- Contributes to exploration and experimentation in data visualization. Requirements definition and management
- Assists in the definition and management of requirements.
- Uses standard techniques to elicit, specify, and document requirements for simple subject areas with clearly-defined boundaries.
- Assists in the creation of a requirements baseline and in investigating and applying authorized requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- May be involved and gives some input on hiring Transition decisions
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- Controlling Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 5-year experience in IT
- 2 years of experience in relevant area
- 1 year of experience in team management
- Understanding of different culture
- Participated in projects with people from other functions/markets