Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The purpose of the Strategy & Programs SCM Products department is to enable operational excellence and future readiness across SCM, covering global SCM (and adjacent) functions, as well as market SCM teams. The key objectives of the department are:
- Translating strategic direction & demand into a domain strategy and product portfolio which is well-balanced between solving operational problems (12-month horizon) and enabling future readiness (3+ years horizon)
- Executing product ownership for all digital products in the domain.
- Executing business process ownership on an operational level.
- Provisioning of change management & support for these processes & the related systems.
As a Senior Product Manager at S&P SCM Products, you are responsible for the quality and strategic impact of complex digital products which might include more than one product team. Together with your agile team(s) and the Product Owner Director(s) you work on continuously improving and evolving the product in order to maximize the value for all internals customers.
Partnering with IT and internal stakeholders to define a robust product backlog, managing capability expansion increments and driving the team towards definition of new functionalities & best practices are a few examples of the activities that will be expected from this role. Additionally, you will be the strategic interface to various key stakeholders (such as global SCM functions, local SCM teams and adjacent Global teams such as Finance & Sourcing) for the product area, to drive user engagement and satisfaction, as well as ensuring future readiness.
Scope: Accountable for a complex digital product including one or more teams
- Product Strategy & Delivery
- Be accountable for the product success considering the value for the consumer and the company (ROI).
- Specify the product vision and roadmap as well as user stories considering the value for the user community and the company.
- Be accountable for product delivery in line with the roadmap and committed delivery dates.
- Identify and solve dependencies with other product owners to ensure efficient delivery. Coordinate interfaces between different product teams.
- Stakeholder Management
- Represent the business for the product, fostering strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that their views and requirements are captured in the product backlog.
- Backlog Management
- Prioritize the items in your product backlog. Specify the definition-of-done in cooperation with the product team(s).
- Own the refinement of your product backlog to ensure that the product team(s) is/are delivering the right enhancements to drive consumer and business value.
- Provide acceptance for delivered backlog items by the team, in line with the definition-of-done.
- Be accountable for monitoring, optimization and enhancement of the configuration, features and functionalities related to the product.
- Ensure that objective data sources and feedback are used for the optimization of the product.
- People Management
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of data and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
- Provide team members with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and strategic objectives.
- Product Team(s)
- Global SCM functions, Market SCM teams & adjacent teams (i.e. Finance)
- Global IT teams
- S&P and Market SCM Development teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert level domain knowledge
- Basic leadership skills
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- Advanced understanding of IT products and capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and facilitation skills especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Pro- active mindset, ability to think end-to-end
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation skills
Requisite Education and Qualifications:
- University degree in business administration or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of experience working in Supply Chain / IT
- Experience as a Product Owner in at least one additional product area or domain
- Market experience preferred
- Experience in working with stakeholders and experts at various organizational levels