Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
As an integral part of the European Supply Chain operation the Assistant Manager 3PL Management is supporting to ensure best in class service provided our current and future 3PL warehouse network. Close alignment on a day-to-day basis with our external warehouse providers as well as internal stakeholder will ensure the achievement of our service level targets.
The Assistant Manager 3PL Management will ensure that our external providers have transparency about short and mid-term volume forecasts, creates visibility on any risks and define actions to overcome to ensure best in class service to our consumers.
- Steer the 3PL inbound and outbound flows (when possible & in close collaboration with stakeholders) to ensure maximum operational and commercial efficiency.
- Manage day-to-day business of the external logistics service providers of 3PL DCs
- Monitoring of the key operations parameters, compare to contractual agreed numbers and escalate in case of foreseeable deviations.
- Work in close collaboration with internal (Order Fulfillment, Customer Fulfillment, Customer Service teams) and external stakeholders (3PLs and carriers) to ensure quality performance required by adidas.
- Planning of inbound and outbound volumes in consultation with Fulfillment Planning, customs team, 3PL and transport team, considering capacities and priorities (eg. Peak, Launch and PrePack campaigns) given
- Conduct invoice & accrual control/booking of 3PL in- and outbound services.
- Support improvement processes to gain efficiency in inbound/outbound flows for 3PL DCs including implementation of new operational requirements
- Support regular review meetings with 3PL and carriers including preparation of those
- Act as specialist on 3PL day-to-day management for 3PL projects and support IT testing
- Create reports, analysis and operating figures for 3PL DCs incl KPI monitoring
- Order adidas consumables for 3PL operations as agreed on in contractual terms
- External logistics provider
- European Customer Fulfillment
- Cluster CF Teams and Customer Service
- Accounting/controlling department
- Inbound and outbound carrier
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in English and German
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), knowledge of SAP AFS and WMS functions
- First knowledge on warehousing and logistics processes gained
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with internal/external business partners
- Strong analytical skills and end-to-end logistics / supply chain mindset
- Reliable working style with a high sense of accountability
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- College or university degree with a focus on Transport/Logistics/Supply Chain preferred, alternatively equivalent combination of education and related work experience in the field of Logistics
- Min. 2 years progressive working experience within Transport/Logistics/Supply Chain