Senior DevOps Engineer: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
We are looking for a Senior DevOps consulting engineer with hands-on experience with modern DevOps tools, processes and scripting to participate in ongoing transformational journey with Global DevOps team.
You will work with architecture, engineering, business teams and operations teams to design, build, provision infrastructure, and support development activities.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Engage with development partners to build process automation to empower application development teams to build, test, configure, and deploy applications in an agile environment with security and reliability.
- Develop tools, scripts, and frameworks of moderate complexity that drive efficiency in automation, monitoring and management of large-scale enterprise environments.
- Build governance, compliance and security models Assist in implementation of CI/CD processes.
- Manage source code and build artifacts for continuous infrastructure automation platform.
- Utilize and evangelize standard DevOps tools – CI/CD pipeline automation, static and dynamic code analysis, source code management, monitoring, observability, governance and compliance.
- Mentor team members, co-workers and development team members on cloud engineering and DevOps best practice and principles.
- Serve as DevOps subject matter expert Propose, implement, and evangelize new technology in a fast-evolving discipline.
Skills to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area, or equivalent education and experience
- 5 years experience designing, implementing and supporting products and services in cloud native environments.
- Cloud computing expert – AWS, GCP, Azure
- Solid understanding of enterprise level DevOps challenges
- Terraform, python or ansible development experience is a must have
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence or similar tracking and management tools
- Prior experience in a multi-account environment is highly desired
- Very strong scripting skills required – bash, python
- Strong experience in primary toolset required – Jenkins, Terraform
- Prior experience in an agile development environment is requires
- Must be autonomous, creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative
- Must be comfortable with rapidly changing processes, tool sets, priorities