We’re looking for an outstanding Demand & Supply Planner to join The North Face EMEA Planning team in Stabio.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
Let’s talk about the role!
We expect that our Demand & Supply Planner will deliver unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
Forecasting and Sales Planning (~50%)
- Analyse information regarding budget, sales history, sales/market input and current sales order in order to produce an accurate future sales forecast;
- Calculate and plan buys at SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) level, based on forecast, current inventory levels, open purchase orders and production constraints
- Coordinate global deadlines and share buy information with US Planning group in order to achieve a global buy plan
- Advise Sales Team of sold out products during the pre-season campaign, offering product alternatives where available and maintaining sold out information in ERP
- Analyse and assist in key account special requests and sales order phasing based on purchased made and/or planned
- Analyse shortage and excess inventory positions to order to guarantee maximum efficiency.
- Maintain the correct item status and last purchase season of goods
- Cooperate with sourcing office on lead time/minimums analysis and buy confirmation (shipping dates, quantities, prices, etc), to be in line with planning data
- Analyse and follow-up surcharge requests and monitor/control final surcharge situation
- Assist with general delivery problems and work with Product Acquisition on shipments mode and special request from special customers and key accounts
- Check buy arrival dates compared to sales order requested delivery dates to assure on time coverage, take necessary actions when needed
Reporting and Analysis (~25%)
- Interpret production and sales order data from database
- Conduct qualitative & quantitative analysis to highlight trends, opportunities and performance relative to respective product line
- Produce sales analysis and budget reports for Sales and Executives;
- Order coverage and inventory level analysis
How you’ll make a difference…
- University degree or equivalent
- at least 1 year of experience with Forecasting and Planning activity
- Good communication skills in English, Italian is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Excel; experience in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and efficiency while respecting deadlines
- Passion for working with numbers, analytical mind set.
- Team player but also able to work independently
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- On site gym offering health and wellbeing initiatives
- Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you! We expect that your cv and cover letter will be written in English, since this is our common language.