Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Analyst (temporary contract) based in our office in Stabio, Switzerland.
This role will support TBL Operations team with Albion (UK DC) implementation and supply/demand management.
- Supporting the management in executing the inventory strategy, meeting quarterly and annual inventory targets, and defined annual KPIs (e.g. order Coverage, shortages, excess).
- Work closely with CS, Sales Ops and Planning to drive for optimal order coverage, order allocation and order conversion.
- Ensure on time customer performance targets met.
- Work with team to ensure on time availability of inventory for hard launches / key initiatives, reacting proactively where needed and ensuring needed service levels in line with Brand requirements.
- Work with Sourcing team and Bangalore data entry team to ensure POs on the system are properly maintained.
- Monitor production status and ensuring PO status is always updated in the system and PO availability are not overdue.
- Ensure NGC delay reason codes are being properly maintained by vendors/sourcing offices.
- Work with warehouses in order to have goods received correctly, monitoring shortages after receipt of goods and including prioritizing receipts in peak periods as needed.
- Working with the Logistics team to define priorities and review logistics KPIs, shipmodes and monitoring actual transport times versus theoretical transport times.
- Ensure urgent shipments are being followed up timely and properly by relevant departments in order to better meet customer requests
- Support team with activities related to the push out of receipts as needed according to inventory roll targets and coordinate execution with all relevant departments
- Assist the wider Operations team in any issue arising due to the set up of the new DC in the system, with regards to supply demand match, purchase orders, physical and available stock.
- Support team with rerouting and rebalancing of supply between DCs keeping track of all inventory and service-related implications, minimizing costs when possible and highlighting any risks or requirements in a timely manner.
- Providing ad hoc support and rebalancing for specific cases deriving from sales requests, marketing collaborations or DTC requests.
- Support Stock Transfer Orders management.
- Additional data analysis upon request including customer orderbook coverage analysis, database cross checks, data reconciliation and validation, which will support control and create maximum efficiency of rerouting and rebalancing activities between DCs.
- Develop, publish and comment new reporting as needed.
- Provide regular input on Operations issues, analyze and suggest possible system improvements / enhancements.
- Ensure all critical issues are promptly elevated to senior management.
- Follow up and participate in supply chain projects or assignments.
- Ad hoc analysis & support.
- Previous experience in Supply Chain, preferably with major focus on operations and inventory control.
- Preferably Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in supply chain & Inventory Management, Economics, Business management engineer or equivalent study that reflects strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of information systems – especially strong excel skills – and ability to work with high volume data. High proficiency in excel as a must
- Reporting skills are required, to ensure a consistent flow of information is provided to higher management in a simple but compelling manner
- Analytical with the ability to interpret and challenge complex data
- Ability to collate and manipulate information in a meaningful manner with attention to details
- Ability to see the wider picture and connect the dots between processes
- Ability to master reporting tools is a plus
- Collaborative person, predisposed to personal relationships and team working and information sharing
- Flexible, in thinking style and in the ability to work within a dynamic working environment where priorities frequently change, whilst meeting key deadlines. Committed to work by objectives
- Able to prioritize workload, also ability to liaise with other departments/teams within the business
- Fluent English both oral and written is mandatory.
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after. That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!