PR Assistant – EMEA (6 Month FTC)
At Deckers Brands we don’t just create shoes, we create lifestyles. We are about opportunity. Opportunity to create, to grow and to have an impact. We want all our people to be as successful as they can be, to reach their full potential
Here at Deckers, we want to positively impact the world, whether that be with our Be Good, Do Good community involvement, or through employing sustainable business practice and socially responsible operations. How we continue this journey is down to our 3,000 strong global team, across our five brands (UGG, Hoka, Teva, Sanuk and Koolabura by UGG). No matter where you are based within our team, we are committed to helping our people thrive. We will offer you a generous employee benefits package, as well as health, wellness, and career development support.
COME AS YOU ARE
We believe that the company you build is defined by the company you keep. We believe that a diverse, inclusive culture drives creativity and success. We believe that open hearts and minds together can unleash the potential of a brilliant mix of people—in every corner of Deckers. We strive to create a workplace that values ALL people, where we embrace differences, and everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Because the more perspectives we share, the better we can be.
The Public relations assistant plays a vital role in shaping and coordinating the brand communications across the EMEA region. As a key member of the regional Brand team, this role supports the PR & Communications Manager in all areas of PR strategy and implementation and partners closely with all internal marketing counterparts, cross-functional stakeholders, and external agencies to ensure the delivery of a cohesive and synergistic message that helps strengthen brand awareness, heat and perception change across the markets.
- Editing and distributing press releases and other PR collateral including lookbooks and product alerts
- Develop the press clipping process including tracking, archiving and reporting
- Collating and sharing product and campaign story assets for external agencies
- Own day-to-day logistics of VIP, Editor and Stylist seeding, gifting and sample trafficking
- Own UK product commitment process, including ordering, organising and tracking
- Assist and respond to incoming media inquiries for the brand and respond in a timely manner with strategic product recommendations and corresponding assets
- Assist in all briefing processes including but not limited to pre-season agency, event activation and VIP talent scope of works.
- Research and present opportunities with VIP’s and industry opportunities
- Assist with invoicing and seasonal team reporting
- Provide event support as needed (retail, press and influencer)
- Stay abreast of best practices, industry trends and news, and share findings with team
Who You Are:
- Energetic, resourceful, and has an hands-on approach to tasks
- Enjoys working in a busy, fast paced environment
- Exceptional organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines and pivot plans
- Able to multitask and manage multiple activities at one time
- Interest and knowledge in current trends and able to scan external environment quickly and often
We would Love to Hear from People with:
- Some experience in PR, ideally within fashion, lifestyle either inhouse or agency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.