At adidas we’re redefining our digital presence in a way that will push the future of Digital and create premium experiences across all our consumer touchpoints to drive brand desirability, engagement and sales for our adidas and Reebok brands. The Digital Partner Commerce team is driving this evolution: join us and help us shape this transformation.
As part of the Digital Partner Commerce team you’ll be part of a new Global team being built in Herzogenaurach. We are a dynamic, collaborative, curious and diverse English-speaking team with a passion for both our partners (our top wholesale accounts) and our Brand. You will work in an agile, fast-paced organization, who will work closely with our teams in the Markets, and are tasked with accelerating the experience and the sales of our products online through our wholesale partners (retail accounts that sell adidas products like Footlocker, JD Sports) or Pure Players (like Zalando, ASOS, Amazon).
You will be a member of the Digital Business Development function, that is responsible for the outlook of our digital selling ecosystem, defining where growth will come from, and (new) business models. Within this team your area of focus will be the Partner Program business model, a business that allows us to connect consumer demand in our Partners’ sites (e.g. Zalando, Nordstrom, NetShoes) to product that sits in our supply chain. Partner program is one of our most effective tools to grow our business with partners profitably and sustainably, but also allows us to continue to improve the consumer experience outside of our owned ecosystem (adidas.com and adidas retail stores).
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Manager Partner Program will play an active role in the development, oversight and expansion of the Partner Program business globally, as part of the new Digital Partner Commerce set-up.
- They will be instrumental in setting the global strategy, programming, how we operate and interact globally and into the markets, in the lead of the Partner Program Leadership Team and establishing the appropriate controls to drive continuous improvement of the business, its tool and set up.
- This role will have exposure to C-level stakeholders and require strong stakeholder management, influencing and convincing at a global and market level.
Support the growth and roll-out of adidas Partner Program
- Oversee cross-functional initiatives towards business goals. Drive for results and monitor progress in achieving goals. Ensure consistency and harmonization at market level.
- Enable strategy execution by coordinating Market Business teams’ connection with Tech Delivery teams to secure initiatives’ timelines.
- Cross-check market demands with IT allocated capacity to prioritize and drive initiatives with higher ROI (Return on Investment).
- Support business development activities such as identification and prioritization of opportunities.
- Monitor the performance of strategic initiatives within your scope of responsibility. Identify deviations from targets and drive necessary changes to ensure achievement of those targets. Monitor and evaluate changes implemented.
- Evolve existing frameworks and operational processes based on learnings during implementation to ensure digital growth and efficiency.
- You will have oversight of what is required to achieve business or roll-out plans, the sharing of best practice across markets and accounts.
- Manage change activities and ad-hoc transformation projects to guarantee the alignment of organization culture and strategy.
- Provide formal, continuous communication with leadership stakeholders and the wider community on success metrics.
- Develop key strategy updates for internal and external audiences, tailoring content and messaging by audience.
Soft skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Pasion and curiosity for the digital business: You see digital as a sales channel, enabler and strategic tool.
- Insights to action: Passionate about deriving business insight from data, improving business processes and performance.
- Results-oriented: You have a bias for action. When problems arise, you reliably produce responses, thoughtful solutions and then role up your sleeves to implement.
- Problem solving skills: Ability to present and map complex business solutions and processes (interest in eCommerce business a must).
- Strong organizational and planning skills: to handle multiple tasks and business partners.
- Good communicator and collaborator: You work effectively with all members of the organization, from individual contributors to top execs.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to work in a results-driven environment.
- Quick to learn new systems and tools.
- Comfortable working in an international environment.
- Fluency in English is required.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- BA / BS in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics or related field (MBA preferred).
- Minimum 3-4 years professional experience (demonstrated experience in business development, platform management or sales is a key requirement).
- Passion for digital, with eCommerce experience.