The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
We are currently looking for an outstanding Marketplace Merchandise Manager.
What will you do?
In the role you will be responsible for supporting and executing the overall strategic direction for Strategic Accounts through product line management.
You will develop and lead the overall merchandising vision for respective business, create seasonal consumer right assortments and drives alignment internally and externally.
The role will also require a strong retail math background, as financials will be a critical component in building profitable assortments, increasing SKU efficiency and driving top line revenue growth.
In addition to the art and science of merchandising, will be responsible for having a finger on the pulse of the consumer to anticipate marketplace shifts and ensuring the ability to react quickly.
You will be tasked with identifying key opportunities not only post booking deadlines but also after the assortments have landed at Strat Accounts/Retail. This hindsight will be leveraged in order to influence future assortment direction and to initiate Quick Term and Short Leadtime opportunities.
Building short and midterm strategic framework in concert with Product Merchandising & Sales Partners in EMEA. Key member of integrated account Teams and dotted line to Strat Account/DTC lead.
Will contribute by identifying key market trends and patterns within Strategic Accounts/DTC, building seasonal line plans, and being the link between product merchants and key account sales managers ensuring the line reflects the account’s business needs.
- Develop seasonal product merchandising plans by STRAT accounts
- Inform and support the strategic account merchandising strategy for the EMEA region.
- Brief the Account Specific SMUs into the EU Product Engine (but does not handles the Line Management)
- Drive a clear segmentation/differentiation strategy in cooperation with your channel counterparts.
- Influence Regional Merchants to build consumer relevant product & assortments that drive profitable revenue growth in Strat accounts/DTC
- Understand and analyze market trends, shifts, and downturns, and provide feedback to Merchandising, Sales, and Marketing teams to continuously improve product plans and Go to Market (GTM) process.
- Work closely with sales managers to learn key account business and build necessary relationships with account leadership, buyers, etc.
- Drive SKU efficiency on balance with long-term global product strategies.
- Evaluate current business and GTM processes to identify opportunities to include Strat account feedback.
- Attend key account meetings, trade shows, market visits for presentations, and trend/market research trips.
- Encourage and maintain a tight feedback loop amongst cross-functional partners. Understand and embrace industry, consumer, and culture, including our marketplace positioning.
What do you need to succeed?
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable in self-starter environment.
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office, PowerPoint/Keynote.
- Exercises strong interpersonal skills across internal and external partners.
- Ability to work in an open environment with product team and cross-functional partners.
- Computer proficiency including specific job-required applications.
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner.
What’s in It for You?
Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries.
A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do.
Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!
THE NORTH FACE: "We dare to lead the world forward through Exploration"
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counter culture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, protecting our planet, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
Our culture is born from the spirit of the Explorer and infuses everything we do. We love wild places. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is part of VF Corporation who guides powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation that put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.