Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The general purpose of this role is to lead the Global SCM Finance team and to be a financial and business partner to the SCM and Product Operations management teams, driving financial performance and operational improvements and enabling fact-based decisions.
This role supports and steers the business to achieve operational performance, financial and non-financial targets as well as the defined long-term strategy. It entails creating transparency about business performance, benchmarking, developing of scenarios and business cases, as well as providing insights and making recommendations. In addition, this role is fundamental for the alignment between the Global SCM Finance agenda and Market Finance team priorities.
- Understand key cost drivers and provide E2E Supply Chain visibility for business partners (inbound to outbound) to drive improvements / actions leading to company profitability improvement.
- Work closely with the market teams to ensure transparency, consistency and high-quality results. Drive harmonization and standardization of data sets while driving best in class delivery in terms of timelines and data quality.
- Establish and drive benchmarking process internally (between markets and functions) and externally with key competitors in the same industry regarding Supply Chain costs.
- Define and implement strategic and financial targets for the SCM organization and continuously assess performance against these targets.Safeguard global financial governance and manage standardized execution of financial processes (e.g. budgeting and forecasting) for SCM. Identify opportunities to develop better methods or processes.
- Lead and drive the strategic business planning process on a mid- and long term basis for SCM globally.
- Set expectations and strategic direction with SVP SCM and respective SCM SLT
on investment focus and cost leverage
- Drive decisions with SVP SCM around the strategic focus and key priorities
- Lead financial planning for SCM, having full responsibility for business cases, decision on investment budgets, project budgets approvals and controlling, operating overheads and performance management across markets
- Be the steering board member together with SCM management to jointly make
decisions about key projects, as e.g. DC Network strategy
- Be decision maker for SCM investments via SCM Governance Board / GOPS Coordination Board
- Closely work with the markets to manage market target setting processes, align decisions on market related topics and ensure consistent approach and processes.
- Act as a business partner to the head of Product Operations
- Set targets for the global SCM Finance team and manage performance & development of the team
- Act as a role model in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations as well as the adidas Fair Play Code of Conduct and other internal policies
- Build best in class system capabilities to support efficient and effective reporting.
- Drive efficiency measures by acting as the primary point of contact between SCM Finance and Group Procurement.
- SVP Corporate and GOPS Finance and their 1st Line
- SVP Corporate Controlling and their 1st Line
- SVP Supply Chain Management
- SVP Product Operations
- SCM Leadership team including Market teams
- Market FDs and their FP&A teams
- aSL & TradeCo team (EU and US)
- S&P Teams (GOPs and Finance)
- Stakeholders of cross-functional projects (up to board level)
- External suppliers, contractors, and partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent strategic capabilities with the ability to develop innovative solutions
- Strong skills in building effective business plans/business cases
- Excellent influencing and change management skills with achievements in managing process improvements
- A proven track record of executional excellence in an environment that requires a detail-oriented approach and the ability to manage multiple priorities (being able to focus on biggest impacts) to accomplish assignments simultaneously under tight timelines.
- Proven track record of large scale, global Project Management experience
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Lead a global team and create a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are challenged, coached, trained and provided with career opportunities
- Create an environment which drives the teams to execution excellence
- Strong motivation and leadership skills
- Excellent business partnering skills and mindset
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to information requests from senior executives, stakeholders, cross functional business leaders, peers and customers.
- Excellent negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ensure and promote cross functional collaboration
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in Finance – MBA, CPA or equivalent preferred
- Extensive theoretical knowledge and organizational practice within the area of Finance, Supply Chain or similar
- Project management and organizational skills
- 10+ years of broad-based operational finance and supply chain experience with progressive responsibility in industry leading companies