Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To identify Color, (Textile) Materials, Print and Pattern relevant trends, design and create industry leading color directions inclusive of print and pattern concepts; palettes and application concepts for apparel and accessories products which inform and support seasonal the brand color strategy.
Create and Visualize ideas for Color, Graphic print and pattern concepts and application with an emphasis on Apparel design. Stay continuously tuned to Color and Materials trends with a high degree of expertise and storytelling.
- Seasonal Prep and research: Design and develop and be a part of shaping the creative vision and direction for the seasonal Color palette. (Based on cultural and trend insights.)
- Create conceptual Color, Textile, Print and Pattern application concepts in context to the seasonal creative direction.
- Implement the creative vision for a multitude of color concepts with a focus on Apparel color application and expression.
- Self-Manage creative process and execute towards design themes for the season.
- Verbally present product ideas and details with clarity
- Use digital (3D, photoshop, illustrator) tools to visualize concepts as well as create physical samples with a variety of materials and mediums. For example, but not limited to, working with the brand expression and material teams to create cohesive color, material textile & print and pattern design concepts.
- Ensure efficient process and communication flow between immediate design team and x-functional partners.
- Support the process of physical creation of technical color standards, understanding the chemical process and make-up of color standards including achievability testing
- Create design presentations; physical and digital
- Create Color CADS, Renderings, Material maps and Graphic maps as required
Works closely with the members of the Color Creative Direction team.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Providing color content and direction
- Collaboration and critiquing
- To understand technical details of the product
- Color, Materials and Graphics label leads and CMG partners in Design teams in vertical Business categories, i.e., BU Training, Running, Originals etc.
- Design and business partners in horizontal functions, i.e., Brand Expression, Innovation teams and Merchandising
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in textile design, apparel design and/or industrial product with experience of apparel construction and production.
- Ability to locate and identify trends in design and culture with a strong understanding of Color and Product trends relevant to the brand and its consumers.
- Understanding of brand history, current positioning, and marketplace (Apparel, Footwear, streetwear, fashion, sport)
- Experienced and knowledgeable in understanding of product. From color, material, print and pattern, construction to production.
- Experience in Graphic, Print & Pattern and/or Textile design creation
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Project management experience desirable but not essential.
- High level of creativity with ability to understand design concepts and think conceptually
- Ability to influence and collaborate with key business partners
- Ability to design for new initiatives and products with a fresh, innovative perspective
- Works well in a team environment. This position requires employee to engage with many stakeholders, as well as manage various information and relationships
- Strong knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of 3D software programs for illustration
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to travel
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates degree or bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a college or university with Art, Fashion, Textile or Product Design focus
- 2 years of practical experience in design environment (Footwear/ Apparel/ Accessories – or industrial design, textile design, fashion design or similar design related areas)
- Thorough knowledge of design with clear understanding of visual design or design related discipline
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree.