adidas International Trading AG is looking for a Global Procurement Manager responsible for delivering superior results and competitive advantage in the area of Logistics and Distribution Procurement with a focus on 3 PL DCs. In the role you will co-orchestrate the Logistics spend to achieve the best value proposition for adidas while improving our supply chain efficiency and resilience.
Major focus areas are sourcing activities for 3rd Party Logistics operated Distribution Centers offering warehouse services through digital and agile solutions with best-in-class implementation methodologies. On top you will set up and manage robust sourcing cycle and supplier relationship management processes while defining the strategic and tactical direction and balance total cost of ownership.
You will confidently lead transformation and optimization of procurement processes and interface with cross-functional stakeholders to provide efficiencies across areas, regions, and categories.
- Co-define the global sourcing strategy and translate into a roadmap in close alignment with cross functional of GLD and SCM
- Govern and support strategy implementation to enable global/ market strategies and savings realization
- Co-lead transformational supply chain network projects by tendering 3rd Party Logistics distribution centers, with related services as well as 4 PL control tower concepts.
- Benchmark category best practices and innovation opportunities to identify initiatives for improvement
- Execute defined sourcing initiatives as per strategic methodologies, negotiate and secure best in class legal agreements with vendors
- Drive analysis, industry/market and supplier intelligence, benchmarking, and business decisions models to address demand and secure best value for money.
- Consolidate requirements and act as business partner for business/ other functions,
- Support building specific strategic plans in alignment with relevant stakeholders and in tune with global business strategies and financial budgets
- Lead/ support contract implementation and drive contract compliance on a global basis
- Build outstanding relationship with adidas partners and deliver value beyond savings through strategic improvement programs KEY RELATIONSHIPS:
- Global & Market Procurement
- Global Logistics, Distribution & Engineering
- SCM global and market-based teams
- Regional / Local DC Operations Management
- Key business functions like Legal, Finance & Controlling, Insurance, Global Business Services)
- Suppliers Sales, Engineering and Leadership Key Account and Sales Managers KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Very good background in Transport, Logistics & Distribution processes, and supply chain management with related cost driver understanding.
- Strong ability to analyze and challenge solution design and cost of complex 3 PL DC offers, to allow preparation of fact-based decision models
- Good knowledge of how to execute a Procurement Category Strategy to achieve competitive cost/value preposition and arrange best in class contracts
- Good knowledge of Procurement methodologies and concepts, category management and business partnering
- Capability to independently interact throughout the adidas Group and to work with virtual teams
- Strong knowledge of procurement tools and data mgmt., content, and automation (E-sourcing, p2p -SRM & Ariba-, e-catalogues, buying channels, etc.)
- Good analytical, presentation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Action oriented and solution minded team player with high degree of self-management BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree with emphasis on the areas of Transport & Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, Economics, Procurement
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a functional domain of Procurement Transport & Logistics category or Distribution Centers OPS Mgt.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written, German in addition is a plus
- STRONG capabilities in Microsoft Office, especially EXCEL