Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To identify and research Color, Material, Finish, and relevant trends. Design and create industry leading color directions with focus on innovation and sustainability.
Support the strategy and implementation of new sustainable color processes with external and internal stakeholders.
Create and visualize ideas for Color concepts and application with an emphasis on sustainability and innovation. Stay continuously tuned to Color, Material and Finish trends with a high degree of expertise and storytelling.
- Prep and research: Design and develop and be part of shaping the creative vision and direction for future Color Concepts.
- Create Color application concepts for innovative and sustainable processes
- Self-Manage and own creative process and execute towards design themes for the concept
- Verbally present product ideas and details with clarity
- Use digital (3D, photoshop, illustrator) tools to visualize concepts as well as create physical samples with a variety of materials and mediums. For example, but not limited to, working with the brand expression, innovation, and material teams to create cohesive color, material and finish design concepts.
- Ensure efficient process and communication flow between immediate design team and x-functional partners.
- Support the process of physical creation of technical color standards, understanding the chemical process and make-up of color standards including achievability testing
- Create design presentations; physical and digital
- Create Color CADS, Renderings, Material maps and Graphic maps as required
Works closely with the members of the Color Creative Direction team.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Providing color content and direction
- Collaboration and critiquing
- To understand technical details of the product
- Business partners in horizontal functions like Innovation, Global Operations and Sourcing
- External suppliers and partners
- Color, Materials and Graphics label leads and Color, Materials and Graphics partners in Design teams in vertical Business categories, i.e., BU Training, Running, Originals etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in color design and/or industrial product with experience of sustainable methods and innovative processes and materials
- Ability to locate and identify trends in design and culture with a strong understanding of Color and Product trends relevant to the brand and its consumers.
- Understanding of brand history, current positioning, and marketplace (Apparel, Footwear, streetwear, fashion, sport)
- Experienced and knowledgeable in a higher understanding of product. From color, material, finish, construction to production.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Project management experience desirable but not essential
- High level of creativity with ability to understand design concepts and think conceptually
- Ability to influence and collaborate with key business partners
- Ability to design for new initiatives and products with a fresh, innovative perspective
- Works well in a team environment. This position requires employee to engage with many stakeholders, as well as manage various information and relationships
- Strong knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of 3D software programs for illustration
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to travel
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates degree or bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a college or university with Sustainable Design, Art, Fashion, Textile or Product Design focus
- 2 years of practical experience in design environment (Footwear/ Apparel/ Accessories – or industrial design, textile design, fashion design or similar design related areas)
- Thorough knowledge of sustainable design with clear understanding of visual design or design related discipline
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree.