Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Create powerful, compelling and commercially viable products and concepts.
Develop and steer the strategy and marketing direction for the respective BU according to the overarching sub-brand direction.
- Lead and steer the BU vision, strategic objectives/actions and financial targets.
- Actively sharpen the adidas brand positioning within the respective BU.
- Steer and lead the creation teams (App, Ftw) across Creation Centers to ensure proper implementation of the Brand & BU strategies.
- Establish close work relationship with the BU CtC team to deliver holistic and unified concepts.
- Work closely with the Head of the BU to build short-, mid- and long term business plans.
- Set targets to achieve overall BU goals and manage the turnovers.
- Establish a close working relationship with the respective category in the markets.
- Act as a cross-functional marketing team captain for the respective BU.
- Identify business opportunities and risks; respond to them by initiating key action steps with relevant BU functions and x-functional partners.
- Drive and monitor global efficiency & cost effectiveness through synergies across the creation centers and consolidating on key volume.
- Drive business relevant initiatives to support e-Commerce and own retail in their mid-/long-term goals through close working relationships.
- Integrate all relevant units in the strategy planning and Concept to Consumer phases (Design, Development, ait, Brand Marketing, Sports Marketing, CtC)
- Lead employee engagement by example.
- Staff most suitable persons in direct report positions in alignment with HR.
- Set personal objectives, guidelines and assess all direct reports.
- Develop functional and social skills of direct reports on and off the job.
- Manage all reports as an integrated team by setting objectives, targets and guidelines to ensure smooth cooperation of all direct reports along all interfaces.
- Identify and prepare talents in the respective Business Unit for career progression within the adidas organization.
- Act as a role model in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations as well as the adidas Fair Play Code of Conduct and other internal policies
- Business Unit Directors in respective group
- Design & Operations Team
- Brand and Sports Marketing
- BU Directors/Category Managers in Markets
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Inspire, coach and lead; set framework for performance and growth
- Extensive knowledge of Sport/Style Industry including a vision of future opportunities and challenges
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic minded with strong executional abilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Lead change management
- Excellent English knowledge and fluent in another European language
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduate level Marketing
- Min. 11 years of progressive experience in SGI on management/executive level
- Min. 8 years leadership of diverse & global teams in a matrix organization
- Proven track record in Marketing