Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
We are a financial consultant and business partner providing support, guidance and clarity to all Group Functions. We support them by giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making. This requires a detailed understanding of business, the creation and monitoring of adequate and effective policies, cost center controlling, correct and timely reporting as well as in-depth analyses combined with competent and professional business partnering. This includes supporting the creation of complete, reasonable business cases for coordination/program board submission, especially in respect of financial inputs and reasonability of assumptions.
As Senior Manager Group Functions Controlling you will focus on:
• Financial Controlling (budgeting, forecasting, reporting) of assigned Group Functions area expenses (OPEX & CAPEX)
• Development, harmonization and enhancement of the existing KPI architecture
• Team management and development
• Partner with assigned business functions and the respective Sr. Management.
• Enable fact based decision making by creating transparency on all cost levels (OPEX, CAPEX) through budgeting, forecasting, and the creation of business cases.
• Lead medium- large sized projects, implement findings and ensure sustainability of achievements
• Manage cost centers and support cost center owners in all financial tasks (e.g. investment and recruitment requests, cost recharges, etc.)
• Identify significant and sustainable improvement potential through variance analysis, derive solutions and facilitate related decisions.
• Support the creation of business cases for planned investment in the assigned area of responsibility, challenging underlying assumptions, ensuring standard format approaches are followed, and drive/own the integrity of financial information
• Perform “postmortems” analysis on executed business cases to determine business case quality and related lessons learned, including effectively passing that feedback through to the creators of the cases, and the rest of the GFC team.
• Develop and implement adequate communication packages to present derived results, recommendations and solutions.
• Create new and improved working methods for entire processes and systems
• Design, develop and implement state-of-the-art analytic tools
• Develop new processes, standards or operational plans and deliver results with direct impact on targets, e.g. global definitions of cost (align market feedback with group accounting team in charge of policy)
• Significantly contribute to the achievement of overall GFF strategy
• Identify significant improvement potential through variance analysis, derive solutions and facilitate related decisions.
• Manage & execute standardized reporting and ad-hoc analysis
• Ensure, constantly improve and foster smooth operation of the day today business, systems and working methods by taking on full ownership for related actions.
• Senior Management Teams of one Operating Overheads Function
• Senior Management Team Group Functions Finance
• Corporate Finance – Group Planning and Reporting & Accounting
• Global Business Services
• Other Group Functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Comprehensive business understanding of processes and structure
• Excellent analytical skills, managing large data quantities from multiple sources
• High degree of customer orientation
• Ability to maneuver and work in a consistently changing environment and among different management levels of a global organization
• Ability to operate cross-functionally and understand external business drivers
• Thorough understanding of the complexity, interactions and dynamics within an international company
• Experience in Project Management
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
• Ability to think and act strategically and develop operational plans
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• University degree in Business Administration/Finance/Controlling/International Management
• System expertise: excellent MS office skills (especially Excel), fundamental SAP (FI/CO), BI
• 5+ years relevant work experience