Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The general purpose is to be a financial expert to the respective business partner by giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making. These functions support the business to achieve (fiscal) targets. This is supported by the creation of transparency about business performance through business controlling.
We are a business partner providing support, guidance and clarity to group tax, customs, legal and the various markets. We support them in correctly reflecting the group business model, in line with the group tax guidance. This requires a detailed understanding of markets and the Trading company, the creation and monitoring of adequate and effective policies and processes, correct and timely reporting as well as in-depth analyses combined with competent and professional business partnering.
Ensure compliance of adidas International Trading BV and the various markets through in-depth analysis and accurate reporting in order to enable group tax to effectively and efficiently manage their business.
Transfer Price Model:
- Be the finance representative on the table in any discussions about changes to the transfer price model.
- Understand the group tax strategy and secure the targets relating to the transfer price model are met.
- Provide broad knowledge on the transfer pricing set up and how this influences tax, customs, legal, group accounting and the markets.
- Together with the business partners, be the gatekeeper for any changes done in the market and logistic set up that influence the transfer price model.
- Lead the execution of the transfer price model as defined by group tax.
- Drive communication with markets and ensure local understanding of the transfer price model.
- Gain insight in the market and supply chain strategies to enable better forecasting and execution of the group’s tax strategy.
- Drive fact based decisions by creating transparency throughout the Budget and Forecast process
- Lead permanent review of areas actual results, legal P&L incl. detailed analysis of issues and variances to budget
Legal P&L reporting & maintenance:
- Design and maintain reporting package of aITBV’s legal P&L
- Monitor and steer aITBV legal P&L in close collaboration with FSS and respective business area manager of aITBV
- Support the year end audit and fulfillment of auditor requirements
- Drive continuous improvement of the reporting package and aITBV compliance processes. Ensure they are followed by all stakeholders. (Eg markets, ICM, E-comm, FSS)
- Challenge and improve FSS processes in line with legal standards
- Be part of any strategic discussions relating to the choice of model and the future set up of aITBV.
- Drive the design of the Tradeco-lite model together with the business partners.
- Support go-lives of new areas in Tradeco.
- Continuously improve existing processes and structure
- manage medium sized projects and/or actively participate in projects; implement results and ensure sustainability of achievements
- Set up the structure of the fiscal controlling team within the given framework.
- Create an environment which enables the team members to perform
- Manage the team members and give guidance.
- Coach, guide, manage and develop the team.
Continuous learning and proactive contribution:
- Ensure continuous learning with respect to Transfer Pricing, accounting, controlling and logistical processes.
- Acquire excellent knowledge about financial and legal specifics of aITBV and how this relates to its subsidiaries.
- Continuously improve day to day processes and systems
- Provide expertise for assigned functional areas and processes towards team and business partners.
- Ensure smooth operation of day to day business by taking on ownership for related actions
- Sen. Manager TradeCo Controlling & Compliance
- Group tax
- Global customs,
- Market controllers
- Financial Shared Service Center
- Group Accounting
- Corporate Planning & Reporting
- Group Functions Finance
- Commercial finance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills in order to analyze complex issues and to improve processes and techniques; structured and methodical approach
- Excellent communication skills in order to negotiate with internal and/or external parties with possible divergent interests and with different business areas.
- High degree of stakeholder orientation and appropriate prioritization.
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organizing skills
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to work independently and motivate the team
- Ability to coach, guide, manage and develop a team.
- Understanding of the complexity, interactions and dynamics within an international company; Comprehensive business understanding of processes and structure
- Ability to act proactively and persevere
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and transfer pricing
- Good communication and influencing skills; able to communicate clearly in order to deliver information and recommendations
- Ability to maneuver in consistently challenging environment
- Ability to operate cross-functionally and understanding of external business drivers
- Ability to execute strategy
- Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University background with specialization in Finance / Controlling
- 10 years upwards working experience; including minimal 3 years leading a team
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and local Gaap