Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The creation, iteration, and maintenance of structures such as enterprise and business architectures embodying the key principles, methods and models that describe the organisation’s future state, and that enable its evolution. This typically involves the interpretation of business goals and drivers; the translation of business strategy and objectives into an “operating model”; the strategic assessment of current capabilities; the identification of required changes in capabilities; and the description of inter-relationships between people, organisation, service, process, data, information, technology and the external environment. The architecture development process supports the formation of the constraints, standards and guiding principles necessary to define, assure and govern the required evolution; this facilitates change in the organisation’s structure, business processes, systems and infrastructure in order to achieve predictable transition to the intended state.
- Within given research goals, builds on and refines appropriate outline ideas for research, including evaluation, development, demonstration and implementation.
- Applies standard methods to collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data.
- Creates research reports to communicate research methodology and findings and conclusions. Contributes sections of material of publication quality.
- Uses available resources to update knowledge of any relevant field and curates a personal collection of relevant material. Participates in research communities.
Enterprise and business architecture
- Contributes to the creation and review of a systems capability strategy which meets the strategic requirements of the business.
- Develops models and plans to drive the execution of the strategy, taking advantage of opportunities to improve business performance.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, data management, practices, procedures, organisation and equipment.
Emerging technology monitoring
- Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies to evaluate the potential impacts, threats and opportunities to the organization.
- Contributes to the creation of reports, technology road mapping and the sharing of knowledge and insights.
- Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organization.
- Assists in defining acceptance tests for these recommendations.
- Conducts advanced modelling activities for significant change programs and across multiple business functions. Has an in-depth knowledge of organization-standard techniques.
- Plans own modelling activities, selecting appropriate techniques and the correct level of detail for meeting assigned objectives.
- May contribute to discussions about the choice of the modelling approach to be used.
- Obtains input from and communicates modelling results to senior managers for agreement.
- Implements stakeholder engagement/communications plan.
- Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- Is involved in recruiting process and proposes support for hiring decision and pre-selection of candidates
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 7-year experience in IT
- 5 years of experience in relevant area
- 2 years of experience in team management
- Strong understanding & knowledge of regional and global market landscape and the respective customer
- Managed critical elements and cross functional and regional projects