Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Own the Game
- The adidas strategy 2025 ‘Own the Game’ is based on a DTC-led and members-first business transformation, with eCommerce delivering the main contribution in top- and bottom-line growth.
- The foundation of high growth and high Full Price share is creating the perfect store with excellence in execution in a data-driven, consumer-obsessed way with membership at its center.
- The Business & Market Development team forms the commercial center of the Digital organization to create the adidas #1 Store and deliver the year.
- The Sr Director Digital Business and Market Development is leading the global eCommerce store, delivering topline growth ambitions at high Full Price share with high speed, agility and data-driven. The person leads a team of experts across business development, in-season chase & market acceleration, closely collaborating with market and global digital teams in Trading, Activation, UX, Analytics, Membership and Category Development.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Deliver the eCom topline growth ambition by driving consumer and data obsessed chase, building on Trading signals, consumer trends and market insights
- Collaborate x-channel on insights and execution, unlocking growth beyond eCom
- Turn our member base into growth opportunities by leveraging the data and insights into direct in-season action
- Elevate commercial moments like BTS, CyberWeek, 11/11, Holidays across product, story, UX and commercial excellence
- Owns the ecommerce commercial calendar and ensures it lives in brands and markets and has the ammunition to be executed.
Accelerators & Business Development
- Lead a portfolio of category growth accelerators, based on untapped business opportunities or strategic franchise management
- Constantly innovate and elevate commercial excellence, data driven and with membership at the core
- Act as key business partner for innovation workstreams and new revenue streams
- Develop and implement commercial strategic frameworks and rulesets for adidas eCommerce, fueled by Digital strategic choices, data-science and market intelligence
- Works with Runtastic to commercialise Runtastic ,focus Running/Training/Outdoor.
- Deliver growth acceleration tailored for markets by acting as global Digital hub, channeling commercial activations, product opportunities, seasonless creation, capabilities and best-practice and data-intelligence to market partners
- Deliver over proportional growth via APAC, LAM, CIS and EM dedicated workstreams
- Drive global Digital strategic choices to implementation in acceleration markets like DTC exclusives
- Understand the business in acceleration market, identify business opportunities and deliver insights back to global functions
- Leverage acceleration markets as agile place for innovation and testing of new ideas before scaling globally
- eCommerce Net Sales growth
- Full price share
- Net margin
- Membership share of net sales
- Global Sales & Digital SLT
- 3×3 / 3×1
- Global & Market eCom Assortment, Buying & Planning
- eCom Trading
- Retail and DPC
- Digital Activation
- Digital Planning & Consumer engagement
- Digital Hype
- Digital Analytics
- Digital Strategy
- External Partners
Knowledge, skills & experience
- 10-15 years of relevant experience
- Both global and local Sales experience
- eCommerce and digital transformation
- Proven track record of people management
- Combines deep understanding of brand & business savvy
- Negotiation skills
- Very good analytical skills
- Structured and goal oriented working approach
- Broad & deep knowledge in own functional area, combining with broad knowledge of other areas.
- Big picture and visionary thinking
- Excellent communicator
- Confident decision maker
- Strong executional abilities
- Leading through visions and values
- Develop leaders and manage talents
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong influencing and networking skills, personal impact
- Excellent presentation skills
- Collaborator who can lead through persuasion rather than reporting lines