The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
We are currently looking for an outstanding Senior 3D Digital Apparel Product Developer to join our The North Face Team in Stabio, Switzerland.
As a member of the product team, you will be involved in developing 3D digital assets from design concept, through prototyping and into production as well as supporting the creation of digital assets for the sales tool. Collaborating with the merchandisers, designers and sourcing partners to ensure all concepts are executed to achieve margins targets, quality standards and are fit for purpose.
What will you do?
Seasonal Digital Product Development
- Sharing technical expertise in terms of product execution and feasibility during sketch and product reviews
- Engineering product to cost through costing activities ensuring commerciality and margin achievement
- Creation and maintenance of product documentation including tech packs, bill of materials, size charts.
- Lead digital fit sessions ensuring consistency and fit intent are achieved
- Evaluation of digital samples in terms of construction and quality
- Following the seasonal calendars and development tracking to ensure all key deadlines are achieved
- Working with vendors and sourcing partners during the product creation and production process
Digital Sales Tool
- Liaise with merchandising to understands seasonal digital sales sample requirements.
- Identify new digital assets to be created
- Collaborate with the materials team to identify materials and trims to be added to the digital library seasonally
- Coordinate digital sample creation with all relevant vendors or contractors
- Review and approve the digital sales samples.
- Render digital samples where vendor capability / external agency is not available
- Upload all 3D SKU files onto the sales platform (sketch fab / 3D rotation)
Digital Super User
- Contact person for all technical questions and support
- Conducting internal trainings and workshops
- Investigating industry advancements in 3D digital creation.
- Responsible for tool testing and implementation
- Share best practice and learning across VF brands
- Actively participate in the PLM software integration
What you need to succeed?
- Preferably educated to degree level in apparel fashion, product development or manufacturing.
- 6+ years apparel product development experience, ideally within technical performance products.
- 3+ years experience 3D product creation, preferably Browzwear
- A strong team player with the ability to collaborate cross functionally.
- Strong technical knowledge in terms of pattern, garment fit, construction and quality and excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving and solution focused mindset.
- A keen interest in innovation and a passion for product.
- An ability to work under pressure and to navigate change with open mindedness and flexibility.
- Advanced knowledge of 3D rendering, Windows applications and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including
- An excellent understanding of the English language, both written and verbal particularly in terms of apparel development language.
- Expertise in coaching and mentoring junior members of the team sharing knowledge and expertise
What’s in It for You?
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do.
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!