Digital retail media (performance marketing in digital WHS) investments are set to become the number one visibility driver in digital WHS in a near future as digital WHS partners are growing their capabilities to monetize the traffic going to brand landing and product pages. As an example Amazon ad revenue is forecasted in the US to rise by $3 billion in 2020, and during covid-19 period, paid ads on Amazon US attributed sales accounted for over 78% of the total revenue.
The role of the Digital retail media team is to act as a bridge between the digital media functions and the market DPC teams. The team will bring excellence in digital retail media operations, help to set the foundations leading to increase media efficiencies and effectiveness globally to win with eRetailers and contribute to delivery of our 2025 digital Wholesale ambition. Furthermore, the digital retail media team will drive adoption of tools and strategies and will secure consistently in approaches to digital retail media performance and execution.
As Manager Digital Retail Media, you will contribute to drive the execution of the digital retail media strategy for our digital Wholesale channel in adidas. In close collaboration with adidas global digital planning teams you will help to define investments strategies and equip the organization with the capabilities that will allow us to win in that space with our most important Retailers.
- Contribute to the designing of the Retail media strategy for adidas within the broader consumer decision journey activation strategy.
- Collaborate with the partners (ie performance marketing agency) that will allow us to drive the execution of the digital retail media strategy in a consistent, harmonized and efficient way.
- Work with the relevant team to develop digital media capabilities for retail media and the skillsets and organizational needs for adidas at global – market – account level to win in the space of digital retail media.
- Help to identify synergies across digital media teams to lead an efficient implementation of the strategy and roll out of target organizational setups.
- Animate the experts community to collate and share best practices and drive a constant improvement plan around it.
- Equip the organization with the tools and methodologies to operate retail media with a rich data driven approach in close connection with digital WHS business management tools, creating the direct link between action and impact.
- Collaborate with the global marketing & advertising functions to co-create integrated activation strategies.
- Drive education (broad audience) and upskilling (expert community) across adidas globally on retail media to secure traction, facilitate decision making and make adidas operational teams industry leading experts in a fast moving environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively within an international team environment and under pressure
- Expertise in digital marketing in a retail environment and operational experience in running performance marketing plans
- Experience in digital activation strategy design for brands
- Experience working with eMarketplace platforms (Amazon Media Services & Zalando Marketing Services experience required)
- Experience in digital media agency
- Result driven personality
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Keen interest in data and business eCommerce projects
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work in deadline driven environment
- Solution-oriented with a focus on achieving results.
- Understanding of key Digital success metrics (traffic, conversion, click-through rate etc.) and retailer’s financial metrics (sales, inventory, margin, returns etc.)
- Fluent English
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of professional experience, ideally with experience in eCommerce Sales and account management, media agency.
- Minimum 3 years of Performance Marketing experience
- University degree in the field of Business, Marketing, Economics or related field is preferred
- Cross functional expertise working with Sales, Finance, and Marketing