Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To design market right products for the adidas brand as part of an international design team in cooperation with marketing and development.
- Design and develop creative solutions to concepts within a range. Present the designs in context to the category direction.
- Implement the creative vision in a product range for the category.
- Self-Manage own creative process and execute towards given design languages within the category.
- Execute design work according to the visual language of adidas as well as given Corporate Identity guidelines according to legal guidance.
- Verbally present product ideas and details with clarity
- Ensure efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development (within x- functional team) for all issues regarding the designed ranges and products
- Ensure proper handover of sketches into development. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as sketches, detail sketches, fabric and trim indication, artworks …
- Visualize ideas for products and ranges with a high degree of expertise.
- Team members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/industrial product or industrial design
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good knowledge of product development, material and trims
- Passion for Design
- High level of creativity
- Knowledge and use of Macintosh computer design software/systems (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from a college or university, major Design
- 3 years of practical experience in design environment (Footwear/ Apparel/ Accessories – or industrial design, fashion design or similar design related areas)