Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
Let’s talk about the role!
Be part of the Global Apparel Product Creation team at Timberland. The primary responsibilities of the Global Apparel Graphic Designer are to conceptualize, design and execute creative projects for the global product and creative department's needs. This includes Men's, Women's and Youth graphic apparel. Utilize design skills to create product that meets expectations in terms of value and cost.
Interact constantly with category team members in development and product management to deliver the appropriate execution for the target consumer audience. Ensure design practicality and meet merchandising business needs.
Strive to create graphics which meet relevant trends, whilst also staying true to brand.
- Responsible for all graphics across the global apparel range.
- Support to realize seasonal storytelling, by creating mood / graphic concept boards.
- Create original artwork used for all-over prints. To be used across category, apparel, accessories, and footwear.
- Work in partnership with external graphics agency and freelancers to support the seasonal needs.
- Work in close partnership with Design manager, Developer and PM on the designated category.
- Support In the design, development, approval and usage of all trims and packaging.
- Liaise with the legal department, to ensure product is legally compliant.
- Monitor product development to ensure style, fit, quality, detail requirements.
- Preparation and creation of technical CAD drawings using Browzwear.
- Meet expectations on accuracy and on-time delivery along product calendar.
- Facilitate agile decision making on prototype review and revision.
- Develop awareness of our channel of distribution in Emea, AP, NA regions.
How You’ll Make A Difference…
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or (equivalent) in apparel or consumer product design.
- Experience: 3-5 years of apparel product design with similar brand(s) or organization(s)
- Languages: Fluent English essential; additional language is a plus.
- Portfolio of work which demonstrates; various skills, print knowledge, scale, placement, relevancy, and consumer awareness.
- Skills that you'll need in the role:
- Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop knowledge and experience are a must
- Microsoft Office.
- Knowledgeable in print technique and embroidery executions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast environment and the flexibility to manage and adapt to change.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team which supports project management and development.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills
- Nice to have: experience in 3D Product Creation Software eg: Browswear, CLO.
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after. That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do.
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your application in English.
Note: if you can/ would like to, you can provide some examples of your work along with your application.