Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
Let’s talk about the role!
The primary responsibility of the Merchandise Planner is to support analytically the product creation team to address the seasonal and strategic directions.
- Analyze the business on an on-going basis to understand core drivers, identify opportunities and risks
- Develop analytical framework used to inform financially and strategically relevant assortment strategies, to drive decision making for milestone meetings and ongoing tracking
- Oversight and reconcile regional forecast during development milestones to understand line adoption and track targets against MFP; highlight gaps and opportunities
- Partner with Regional Merch planning to roll up seasonal MFPs by channel and category to align with financial and brand strategies
- Align with Product team on product mix that delivers margin targets
- Conduct global analytics and financial hind sighting; synthesize regional hind sighting for a Merchandise category
- Lead SKU count analysis and conduct SKU rationalization exercises using ABC analysis or other quantitative analysis
- Prepare global SKU insights and opportunities for Global Merchandising based on historical performance
- Monitor long-term and seasonal KPIs (Complexity, Efficiency, Revenues evolution, Adoption Rate, sell-in, sell-through, etc.)
- Support Global Merchandising in defining category and global line plans and facilitate discussions to ensure plans align with financial strategies
- Partner with Merchandising Operations to develop planning calendar to align Merchandising, Finance, Sales, RD&D, and operations milestones/deliverables
- Support new initiatives to enhance planning engagement and service to overall business process
How You’ll Make A Difference…
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of years of experience and education.
- Experience: 2/3 years of related experience in demand, supply, merchandising, or other related functions
- Languages: Fluent English; additional language is a plus.
- Very strong Excel knowledge required
- Timberland Purpose Ambassador
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross functional collaboration skills required
- Strong attention to accuracy and details
- Ability to consolidate, analyze, and interpret large data sets, providing concise/high level insights
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a deadline situation
- Ability to work with others as part of cross-functional team
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, up to eight weeks of paid parental leave, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after. That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally;
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!