Private Sport Shop is the leading social ecommerce platform for sporting goods on the European market: 14 million registered members, 2.5 million app users, 1.4 million followers, 5 language versions – and ambitious growth plans for the coming years! Our base in Montpellier is a melting pot of (sports) cultures. Our 200 employees at Private Sport Shop practice (almost) every sport – and speak many languages besides French.
As part of its international development, Private Sport Shop is looking for a Senior Business Developer (m/f) for the UK region to join its international sourcing team (with already presence in DE, ES, IT and NL to come soon).
You will work closely with our sourcing team at head office (20 buyers specialized in sports for all relevant sports segments, from bike to tennis). You will report to the Head of International.
- Independent negotiation of terms and conditions with suppliers, supported by the purchasing team at head office.
- Establishment, support, and further development of the supplier network: by telephone, in person, at regional trade fairs.
- Management of sales activities with internal departments and suppliers from quotation to delivery and after-sales service
- Activity reports and strategic recommendations for the region
- Annual planning: Independent management of a brand portfolio, seasonal sales planning.
- Observation of the UK&IE markets: competitive intelligence, benchmarking and mapping of suppliers (brands, distributors, retailers)
- Interface between the purchasing team and UK&IE suppliers.
- B2B CRM maintenance (Sugar CRM): identification and qualification of suppliers and contacts; contact planning, potential analyses and reporting.
- A-levels and further education in purchasing / retail / sales / management
- Very good knowledge of the sports industry in the UK: Local brands, distributors and retail. Ideally you already have a network.
- At least one significant commercial experience.
- You have a strong sales mentality, want to deliver results and always close the next deal.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
- Mastery of sales techniques (contact initiation, sales diplomacy, strategic planning)
- Analytical competence & Negotiation Skills
- Good command of the Office Pack, especially Microsoft Excel
- Permanent, full-time
- Attractive fixed salary with strong performance driven OTE
- Home office with ad-hoc presence at head office in Montpellier (France)
- Solid on-boarding program including training and coaching
- Availability: as soon as possible