The Vice President IT Global Distribution will be an integral part of the Logistics & Distribution management team, leading the development and implementation of the Distribution & Outbound IT strategy within the global SCM organization.
Seen as a competent and value adding business partner, the role is IT responsible to manage the adidas DC network of 65 distribution centres globally, partially adidas or 3PL operated, as well as the outbound transportation IT solutions.
Contributing to the adidas 2025 strategic ambitions is key success in this role. Management of project portfolios which include key initiatives such as establishing one common DC warehouse management systems platform and ecosystem, and a new global transportation management solution, is essential.
- Define, steer, and implement Distribution & Outbound Transportation IT strategy that supports and meets the adidas and SCM strategic ambitions, objectives, and customer and consumer expectations
- Drive the Distribution & Outbound IT strategy in alignment with the global Tech organization and be seen as a value-add to the SCM market and global business. Review and create short-, mid- and long-term strategy from a E2E Distribution viewpoint.
- Continue organizational development to optimize predictable, reliable, and efficient project execution and services.
- Manage and steer professional relations with 3rd party providers, suppliers and external service providers, market research organizations to fulfil business requirements.
- Lead management routines to ensure delivery of core IT performance and metrics in terms of DC uptimes, service SLA’s, inventory, Tech Security, internal audit, etc
- Leveraging best practice, efficient and effective IT services within, across and above Distribution Centers markets to drive tech-standardization in solutions and services
- Collaborate and maintain good relationships with SCM (DC operations, inbound, outbound, order fulfilment, etc.) supporting functions (workplace, finance, procurement, HR, legal, etc.) and Tech functions as well the entire team to communicate direction and objectives
- Establish innovation and continuous improvements culture. Elaborate and drive future-oriented distribution and outbound transportation innovation and improvement initiatives.
- Create routines and transparency to ensure that demand and supply are balanced with focus on resource and budget.
Financials and Controlling
- Build/contribute to business cases, request and manage budgets (overhead, projects and KSR): track and report monthly actuals, FC and variances
- Apply appropriate methods for controlling, e.g. risk analysis, simulation calculations, target-actual comparison.
- Continuously review spend, set up and drive efficiency initiatives within area of responsibility.
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met within global guidelines
- Apply appropriate and effective communication methods to Senior Leadership and Executives
- Decomplex technical details and complexity into simple to understand business minded stories
- Foster a proactive, inclusive and creative dialogue where individuals gain other people’s perspectives on critical and complex issues.
- Continuously evolve organization meeting current and future business and IT/Tech needs.
- Evolve inclusive and diverse team composition and spirit.
- Identify and develop future talents and establish succession scenarios for key positions.
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level by creating a motivational and supportive work environment.
- Lead by example, with an open and inclusive team spirit, coaching/mentoring team members, demonstrate recruitment excellence, and continuous learning and personal development.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and SCM objectives.
- Internal: Global & Market SCM, DC operations and Outbound Transportation and teams, Global Inbound Transportation, IT (Tech), Controlling, Global Workplace, Procurement, HR, Legal
- External: Software provider, Logistics service providers, other ext. Partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive IT knowledge and business acumen in distribution/warehousing and outbound transportation within the fashion/consumer goods industry.
- A strong consumer and customer mindset, with strong understanding of direct to consumer (DTC) business models.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance.
- Strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Ability to interact at the highest levels of the company.
- Leader with an acute sense of business management and administration.
- The ability to turn ideas and plans into action and driving change
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing, motivational and facilitation skills.
- Team player, high degree of self-management, enthusiasm and drive to perform.
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on supply chain management, logistics, business, economics, supply chain or information systems or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA is a plus
- 15+ years of progressive IT and Supply Chain Management work experience (focus distribution/warehousing and outbound transportation) in respective leadership position in combination of operational and project responsibility.
- Vast experience in multi-national supply chain/logistics/transportation work experience in fast moving consumer goods industry (preferably fashion background).
- Proven track record in driving change.
- Recognized certifications for IT and SCM (i.e. PMI, SCRUM, lean six sigma, …) a plus