Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
This is a key position for an organized, passionate, and growth-oriented future leader who understands and enables fact-based and consumer-centric decisions. The role strengthens Business planning to achieve financial goals as well as the overall European strategy. The Senior Manager Commercial Finance Alliance Key Accounts is ensuring sustainable growth and profitable business decisions by providing guidelines and insights to those located in Cluster Central (Zalando, About You, Snipes, Deichmann).
Forecasting and Budgeting (AKA)
- Focus on AKA Sales and Margin FC on a monthly basis including monthly/quarterly phasing.
- Support the Sales Directors in challenging the bottom-up forecasts and capturing key commentary, assumptions, risks and opportunities, resulting in an aligned Sales forecast
- Drive the conversion of the order book by working cross-functionally and ensuring clear actions are defined and carried out.
- Using information from all functions across the business, regularly review and report back on tracking versus forecast to ensure +/-2% forecasting accuracy target is achieved
- Sales Force & Marketing OOH to be detailed on a global FC basis (Jan, Jun, Oct), with Risks and Opportunities (R&O) highlighted for the other months.
- Ensure that all relevant information is provided for the completion of IBP, in particular, trade terms, margin and clearance forecasts.
- Assist in the completion of the annual budget process including V300.
Sales and margin reporting/RFC
- Evaluation of Sales and Margin from Order Book via BI on a weekly basis and report any deviations from previous forecast/budget investigating when results appear suspect;
- Derive backlogs position and compare to prior year.
- Perform monthly margin FC for future season using information provided from Europe and then applying trade terms, royalty assumptions and adjust for early intros (seasonal Vs fiscal view)
- For all forecasts, explain key variances from budget and last RFC.
- Month end reporting is delivered timely and accurately with Sales and Margin correctly recorded and fully reconciled
- Work with sales business partners to ensure Rebates are paid out accurately and followed up with Financial Accounting and GBS to ensure the balance sheet is reconciled
- Work closely with Commercial Team to evaluate trade terms. Key focus on Gross to Net Sales and tracking of discounts for both Internal & Global reporting purposes
- Challenge Commercial Teams to reach the overall target for trade terms and ensure that they use the buckets in accordance with Group rules and that they utilise the trade terms to get best value for money.
- Challenge Commercial teams to get the best value for business on any margin enhanced deals
- Creation of off invoice rebates & input into SAP. Ensuring orderbook/billing updates reflects latest trade discounts
- Ensure that SWB is tracked and aligned with Sales and Marketing.
- Ensure that monthly reviews are carried out with relevant managers for Sales and Marketing Operating Expenses – identifying key variances vs. target, actions required and ensuring an accurate revised full year forecast is provided to agreed deadlines;
- Challenge Managers on forecasts;
- Monthly report to SDs on the progress of OOH performance including T&E vs. budgets/targets highlighting key issues/actions.
- Monthly P&L reviews with Sales Directors
- Regular weekly reporting to key stake holders
- Financial modelling and tracking of CARs.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial information for presentation to Senior management on financial performance of EKAs over several years.
- Business partnering including P&L modelling and financial evaluation.
- Continual update and review, reporting within SAP
- Involvement in SAP development to satisfy changing business requirements
- Develop/maintain reporting tools in Microstrategy
- Develop management reporting to meet the requirements of the business
- Actively contribute to cross-border Commercial Finance winning culture.
- Preparation of Monthly MMBR and relevant Finance Meeting call slides
- Ensure accuracy of month end and year end reporting through accurate accruals and prepayments and checking of invoices and accounting entries throughout the year and explanations for deviations of actuals to forecast provided.
- Working Capital Management.
- Assist Europe on requested projects / best practice.
- AKA Sales Directors
- Commercial SLT
- AKA Demand Planning
- EMEA General FP&A
- Global Business Services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong ability to influence up
- Demonstrated analytical and financial modeling skills
- Very good communication skills to convince and convince others.
- Ability to think beyond the obvious and challenging mindset
- Business fluent English (spoken and written)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Functional: 5-7 years of work experience
- University degree in business administration / finance / controlling
- Professional accounting designation (ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CPA) seen as a plus
- Strong commercial acumen with knowledge of retail and / or business controlling