As a Manager Strategic & Transformation Programs in adidas Digital your task is to manage and deliver small digital projects, significant RFCs or sub-elements of mid-scale digital projects. The project scope is primarily on a local (market) or global level across brands and functions. Your objective is to conduct the projects within the boundaries of time, cost & quality while focusing on consumers’ expectations and requirements. Planning, executing and tracking projects in cooperation with the respective functions and project team members are a few examples of what is expected from this role. Additionally, you will be focusing on resource management and coordination activities, acting as the central interface to local stakeholders.
- Scope – Manage and deliver mid-scale digital projects on a local or global level
- Project/ Program Delivery
- Deliver projects end-to-end successfully, ideally through effective application of PMI/Agile methodology.
- Develop detailed plans that allow providing transparency on progress and identifying risks on time.
- Identify interdependencies with other projects and solve issues proactively.
- Drive continuous improvement of products, processes or systems within the project scope.
- Resource Planning
- Lead and manage team resources (internals and externals) to deliver and support projects & programs.
- Consultation & Communication
- Act as the key contact person for local / global stakeholders.
- Apply appropriate and effective communication methods to the project sponsors and important stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- As conflicts arise within projects, identify solutions and contribute to their resolution in a timely and appropriate manner and escalate to project sponsors if necessary.
- Manage change within projects and ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits.
- Project Controlling
- Execute project controlling as an independent element to ensure that actual project costs are in line the committed budget.
- Conduct engagement reviews. Verify compliance with quality assurance procedures. Validate if project are delivering against program KPIs.
- Monitor project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against plan in order to implement corrective or preventive actions.
- “If required” Responsibility – Agile Transformation
- Drive the implementation of elements of the transformation to full agile working mode and facilitate agile adoption.
- Contribute to developing and orchestrating the demand & delivery process within DBC.
- Facilitate initial demand discussions.
- “If required” Responsibility – Market Development
- Create business cases per market with support from Analytics team to evaluate growth opportunities.
- Propose priorities for market rollouts based on business potential and market specific needs.
- Develop base platform capabilities required to fulfill business cases, together with IT.
- Leading Sr. Manager or (Sr.) Dir. Transformation & Programs
- Project Team
- Local Project Stakeholders
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Soft-Skills Critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Solutions-oriented approach and entrepreneurial mindset
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Technical Skills
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Basic Experience and a broad understanding of IT
- Working knowledge of Agile working methods e.g. Scrum/Kanban
- Working knowledge of PMI methods ideally with certification
- Fluent English both verbally and written
- University degree with focus on Business Administration, Communication or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of in-depth professional experience related to project management or similar topics
- 1-3 years of professional experience in the ecosystem environment of the project area in scope
- Experience in Finance is a plus
- Experience working with stakeholders at various seniority levels as well as subject matter experts across various functions (Developers, business stakeholders, product and marketing teams, etc.)