Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Manages the pattern creation process in collaboration with Creation Centre teams – Design, Marketing, Product Operations – and T1 and the transition to Digital E2E creation. Support BU strategy and global framework by driving processes, standards and methodologies in collaboration with the x-functional team to achieve the goals and a consistent brand identity through Quality, Speed and Value for the BUs products.
Implement company’s strategic business and systems direction into digital through product creation and technical infrastructure for apparel 3D.
- Leads and drives the Basic Pattern selection process, and understand future business needs to determine future basic pattern requirements
- Supporting the Global Basic Pattern process with special focus on consistent fit. Evaluates, creates and implements standard grading rules to ensure consistency in fit and contributes actively in terms of fit/principle pattern guidelines. Develop new basic and new model patterns, drive the pattern creation with X-functional partners based on market requirements; maintains the information in the product creation system and ensures that new patterns are wear tested as needed.
- Works on an ongoing basis on new solutions to reach creative pattern goals, by using the appropriate tools.
- Understands and considers relationship between pattern/material/features and usage/yields including 2D models and digitally created styles
- Grading of patterns for standard and inclusive sizing
- Supports Digital Pattern projects, including tool development and smart solutions to enable the future of Digital Creation.
- Assist to develop and implement processes and frameworks
- Consults and trains Marketing, Design, Product Developer on pattern and fit updates and issue resolution
- Monitors performance, trains and consults on pattern creation and grading for area of responsibility
- Develops training plans and manuals for the global pattern and Product Development teams. (i.e. how to measure manual)
- Mentors new hires (Pattern Makers / Product Developer) in pattern making / fit
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in pattern creation and grading with the ability to provide effective and cost-efficient pattern solutions and an advanced understanding of apparel construction, material construction and properties related to fit
- Ability to interpret and evaluate designs on model level in regard to pattern execution/engineering and related testing
- Confident in all aspects of production, garment construction and manufacturing
- Strong team player/communicator with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects under multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance on several projects simultaneously while adhering to a specified deadline
- Ability to effectively present information and trainings in one-on-one and large group situations to vendors, designers, and other employees of the organization
- Advanced IT skills Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop (MS packages) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
- Advanced skills in Gerber or similar CAD programs
- Advanced knowledge in CLO 3D or similar 3D programs
- Strong knowledge in grading
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Product Operations – Development, Materials, Costing. Pattern Maker, Testing, quality
- Digital Creators
- Marketing and Design
- T1 -Merchandising and Patternmaking
- LO/OC Merchandising, Technical Services and Costing
- External CAD and Fit partners
Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Technical college/fashion school training in pattern making / grading, “Meisterbrief” or equivalent education
- Minimum of 2-4 years related work experience in garment industry Experience with the entire product lifecycle process (project scope and time planning, development steps, production/execution of entire collections / ranges)
- Professional and proficient English, verbal and written