As a Manager Assortment Planning global eCommerce at adidas you are responsible for executing and implementing world class channel specific merchandising practices globally while maximizing profitability. This role is responsible to collaborate and support markets in ensuring they have the right product towards their assortment plans, key asks and initiatives.
- Maintain eCommerce as THE key account into brand seasonal process. Execution of process, briefing, analysis, forecast and all associated with being key account.
- Based on markets inputs and our digital consumers facilitate the adidas.com seasonal demand brief into global business units (BU) at the start of the creation process.
- Build the range, price point, platform, membership, exclusives, pre-launches requirements per BU needed to meet our revenue and growth ambitions.
- Partners with the eCommerce market buying teams, BU and market merchandising teams to ensure that the adidas.com range is per design and bought per expected growth rate demand.
- Ensure digital planning team activates specific assortments based on market ranges and buys.
- Support end to end Key account interaction model.
- Contribute to projects that require horizontal view.
- Contribute to the enhancement of all merchandising systems and tools, working with the Business Solution Team, Global IT and analytics team to meet world class merchandising best practice.
- “If required” Responsibilities – People Management
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and Digital objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business processes and business partners.
- Very good communication & negotiation skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely.
- Structured, organized and process orientated.
- Attention to detail as error in analysis will have crucial impact to business.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and under pressure.
- High influencing skills and ability to make fact based decisions.
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies.
- Project management and project monitoring experience.
- Fluent English both verbally and written.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office / Adobe analytics, BI systems.
- University degree in Business, ideally with Marketing and Sales focus or equivalent professional experience.
- Good skill set needed for pre-season Planning and Buying for a multichannel direct-to-consumer (own retail, franchise, and e-com) global brand, acquired through advanced training, studies, and relevant working experience.
- Good knowledge of merchandising and retail/ecommerce supply and operations topics and broad knowledge of other functional areas involved in the Planning & Buying process.
- Experience in managing highly complex processes, involving multiple teams in different geographies.