The role of the Technology Consultant is responsible for the planning, installing and for the configuration of software solutions and systems. It is capable to support employees with specific applications and provides expert advisory. The role analyses information systems of adidas and individualizes specific system solutions to meet the demand of the business.
- Actively maintains knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organization’s planning and operations.
- Recognizes and identifies the boundaries of their own specialist knowledge.
- Collaborates with other specialists, where appropriate, to ensure advice given is appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems and identifies options for consideration.
- Works with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Contributes to selection of the business analysis methods, tools and techniques for projects; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
Requirements definition and management
- Contributes to selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritization of requirements.
- Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
- Establishes the requirements base-lines, obtains formal agreement to requirements, and ensures traceability to source.
- Investigates, manages, and applies authorized requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Assists in the configuration of software and equipment and the systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or more software products.
- Documents faults, implements resolutions and retests to agreed standards.
- Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures.
- Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
- Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Project workstream leads (Project Management, testing, Solution Architect, etc..)
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Technical and functional TMS System expertise. Implementation of TMS system as well as good understanding of Transport Management requirements and process in a DC.
- WMS System from Manhattan Associate
- WCS Systems from Solution provider Knapp, DAI and other
- Enterprise system landscape understanding
- Acquiring understanding of the underlying issues in complex problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts, models or previous experiences.
- Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps.
- Determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Being proactive, taking action and anticipating opportunities
- Meeting targets and fulfilling agreements even when adverse circumstances prevail
- Communicating effectively by word of mouth, writing and via emails
- Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds. Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 4-year experience in IT
- 2 years of experience in TMS and related supply Chain Management systems
- Strong understanding & knowledge of regional and global market landscape and the respective customer
- Managed critical elements and cross functional and regional projects