The general purpose of this role is to execute financial controlling of inbound freight cost, custom duties, damaged and scrapped products & samples, to monitor, analyze and forecast deviations versus standard cost and initiate improvements to analyses and processes.
In addition to that, a key priority is Business Partnering with Global Logistics and Global Customs to ensure end-to-end visibility of SCM Inbound Freight and Customs cost.
In terms of total inbound freight and custom cost, there is the responsibility to set up and maintain reports to provide the transparency to establish full coverage of the whole flow create end-to-end Global view.
The role considers being a financial consultant and working closely with the business partners in SCM organization and to actively participate in various projects is a key factor to meet targets set.
- Collaborate with GBS to control and advice on correct classification of postings of the SCM Inbound cost according to Group Finance & Logistic expense financial infrastructure standards.
- Provide expertise for assigned functional areas/systems and processes towards team and business partners to facilitate and implement the accounting infrastructure.
- Maintain and improve infrastructure according to harmonized accounting structure throughout Trading Company (TradeCo) markets and other GOPS controlled areas with performance management team and local controlling.
- Actively participate in the set-up of harmonized accounting structure in new areas.
Manage Logistics & Customs Variance Controlling
- Full coverage and ownership of Inbound Freight, Custom duties and other variances elements like inventory write off and detention and demurrage.
- Own, manage and control budgeting, forecasting and actual reporting of actual cost and explain deviations.
- Analyse COS Variances and review implications to increase financial planning accuracy.
- Liaise with various Global Operations (GOPS) functions as to implement procedure to reduce impact in the COS variance line of the P&L.
- Impact decision making process through transparency on the topic.
Finance & Controlling process management
- Own, manage and control monthly, quarterly and year end closing tasks.
- Collaborate with GBS to ensure correct classification of postings – according to Group Finance and Global Logistic Accounting Structure standards.
- Set up structures, principles and guidelines under which the controlling tasks are performed.
Performance management and proactive contribution
- Be active business partner to all Business partners with regards to all above responsibilities.
- Own end-to-end inbound reporting
- Analyze total inbound cost and review with Controllers and Business Partners to identify opportunities for efficiencies
- Support in Technical Assist Charge (TAC) calculation for Global Customs
- Execute the group financial strategy of integrated performance management in the team and show agility when working with your business partners.
- Support the design of financial set-up for markets under TradeCo
- Ensure structures are in line with legal, customs and tax requirements. Advice local finance teams accordingly.
Key Performance Indicator (measurable factors)
- Quality and transparency of analyses and reports
- Improvement initiatives
- Meeting timelines
- Accuracy of forecasts / budgets / analyses
- Business understanding of processes and structure
- Logistics and Customs
- Non-trade procurement
- HQ Finance: Group Accounting/Reporting, Global Systems & Processes
- CFO Global Operations/ adidas International Trading BV
- Warehouse managers and local finance teams
- Group Treasury
- Financial Auditors (KPMG
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Proficient knowledge of international GAAP (IFRS) and Controlling methods
- Strong accounting background
- Experienced in utilizing corporate accounting and reporting systems (preferably SAP FI/CO, COPA, BI Finance (GRAPE))
- Understanding of international transfer price rules and logistic processes
- Ability to manage parties with conflicting interest
- High working capacity, ability to work under stress, flexibility
- Strong motivation skills and ability to drive engagement.
- Great communication and conceptual skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Good analytical skills; structured and methodical approach; process thinking
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines through good planning and organizing skills
- Motivated team player with the ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English (oral and in writing)
- University degree holder with Business Administration / Finance major preferable
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in sizable and multinational trading environment