Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
As a Bra & Tight product developer, you will lead the creation and commercialization of Bra’s & Tights in the Women’s Badge of Sports individual Sports Organisation. Manage the creation and commercialization of Bras & Tights. Actively monitor development calendars to ensure deadlines, quick turnaround of sample and comments, costing KPIs and quality standards are met. Act as an advocate for Bra & Tight product excellence by working closely with cross functional creation centre teams as well as all related support services.
- Collaborate with X-Functional Leadership team to deliver the Vision & strategy (short, mid and long-term planning) for Bra & Tight COE in the women’s organization.
- Ensure continuous product and process improvement with emphasis on leading product excellence in Bras in accordance with the operating calendar
- Work closely with Sourcing team to ensure Bras & Tights are allocated with maximum duty benefits, considering T1 (garment supplier) & T2 (fabric supplier) alignment and supporting speed programmes to allow product quicker to market.
- Ensure target price and product designs are aligned through predictive costing. Review, validate and approve T1 costing information throughout the entire creation process. Ensure compliance to agreed standards. Negotiate with T1 as needed
- Communicate all necessary information to Marketing, Design, Suppliers and LO/OC to ensure the effective and efficient creation of outstanding product
- Manage handover from design to T1 with close collaboration with material and pattern teams to ensure that all information provided to T1 is on time and complete. Manage T1 feedback to design and marketing and incorporate where quality or cost can be improved without compromising product aesthetics
- Ensures timely and accurate data entry by T1 regarding AD/BOM, costing or other data as required at calendar milestones
- Sourcing (Brand Strategy, Merchandising, Costing, Materials, tech Services)
- POPS (Materials, Costing, Pattern)
- GSP, SCI,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Bra & Tight Fitting, Creation, Wear testing and product commercialization.
- Technical expertise in: Fit & Wear testing (specs, pattern making low, medium & high support moulds & padding. Expert in construction and quality of product excellence. Ability to partner and interpret design intent in 2D & 3D.
- Strong knowledge in compression, seamless and other knit technologies for all product types (Bra & Tights a bonus)
- Advanced knowledge of the apparel development process from inception through. production, including garment testing (bonding, seam sealing etc) but not limited to pattern making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, embellishments, materials, and machinery.
- Understanding in 3D creation, proto typing and digital development process.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation (small and large groups) skills.
- Deliver effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to diverse audiences.
- Anticipate and define problems, synthesize complex data, and develop innovative solutions
- Provide a clear framework for performance to direct reports
- Build a culture and a growth mindset, motivate, and develop direct report to expert level.
- Ability to analyze complex data and present in a high overview to Senior leadership
- Good understanding of sourcing allocation impact on product from a quality and cost perspective
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong IT skills (MS office, PDM, Clo or 3D alternative)
- Travel, domestic and international as required by business needs
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with emphasis on clothing technology and/or manufacturing
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive work experience in the garment/textile industry