Senior Manager Sales Finance – Key Cities
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The general purpose is to be a financial consultant to the respective business partner (Global Sales Strategy & Business Development – SBD) by giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making. Furthermore, the position is focusing on the Cities Choice of ‘CREATING THE NEW’ to support and steer the business to achieve financial targets as well as other strategic and operational KPIs. This is supported by the creation of transparency about business performance through business controlling and performance management (driving operational KPI’s).
Together as an integrated Brand & Sales Finance organization we provide our commercial business partner (SBD) with one shared view for strategic and financial decision making. We will support the SBD Team in their Objective “… to accelerate growth through best branded shopping experience at all consumer touchpoints”.
This position serves as a Business Partner to SBD department, mainly Global Key City Team, Trade Zone Attack teams (global & local), Key SBD Stakeholders in Business Development and the Finance Director of Sales Strategy & Cities on strategic topics with holistic vision financial and non-financial as well as internal & external inputs of the Group with relevant benchmark. It will have to perform X-Channel Simulations and X-Dimensional Analytics that are also an integral part of CREATING THE NEW. It also will ensure an integrated KPI Framework and insights to drive X-Channel strategy (e.g. Transformational Projects such as Future Marketplace, Trade Zone Attack & Key Cities) always trying to move the Group a step ahead. It will support the introduction, drive and guarantee major SBD/Sales Finance strategic business projects and changes.
• Act as a central contact point for all Key City finance related topics
• Partner with business (SBD) and SVP Global Sales Strategy & Business Development within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Advise senior management about opportunities and risks related to the financial performance of the Key Cities
• developing efficient relevant tools that support to convert Brand desire into profitable & sustainable business growth
• Lead medium projects, implement findings and ensure sustainability of achievements
• Setting and tracking of global sales related and market related yearly Targets including interaction with global sales functions and MDs. Evaluating status quo and evolvement of current targets to meet best fit of corporation’s success & MD’s target setting
• Develop and implement adequate communication packages to present derived results, recommendations, and solutions.
• Act as coordinator between all 12 Key Cities analytical teams to assure consistency in methodologies and reported results
Cities & Headroom tracking
• Drive Performance Management Process (QBRs, monthly Reporting) together with KEY CITIES and ensure consistent review of the most appropriate KPI framework and system capabilities
• Create transparency into all investment areas of cities (CAPEX, MWB, OOH) overall achieve a ROI POV and a profitability perspective where applicable. Use transparency to drive targeted investment activity in cities
• Closely work with Global Sales to further refine Shaping the Chain (on own retail) and other channel-initiated initiatives with impact on cities
• Further develop concept for implementation of KEY CITIES into general planning and execution process along all stakeholders and systems in particular
o Corporate Solutions/GDM and Sales Finance for POS/key city master data
o Corporate Solutions/BI and GPNR for reporting
o Corporate Solutions/Planning and B&S Finance for planning (e.g., IBP – tbd)
o Global WHS for WHS sell-out reporting
• Launch, implement and manage performance management process with key counterparts on business side for Headroom capture & tracking. Provide guidelines and guardrails on the set up of the project
• Lead assigned projects by mapping out milestones, targets and KPIs while consolidating all in a harmonized & efficient way
• Report upon it holistically in meetings and other communication ways
• Enhance existing, explore and launch new tools and processes to enforce project management & tracking mindset in global sales, markets and sales finance
Reporting, Analysis & Expertise:
• Identify significant improvement potential through variance analysis, derive solutions and facilitate related decisions.
• Ensure that sales standardized reporting and ad hoc analysis is available in cooperation with the global Brand and Sales Finance Team.
• Provide comprehensive expertise for assigned x-channel Sales systems and processes towards team and business partners.
• Ensure smooth operation of the business by taking on ownership for related actions.
• SBD team (esp. Key City Team)
• Global Sales VPs
• Sales Finance team
• City teams in markets
• Market finance teams
• Corporate Solutions Finance/BI (one version of the truth)
• Corporate Planning & Reporting (GP&R)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Deep business understanding of processes and structure with excellent finance and analytical skills.
• High degree of customer orientation and Business Acumen in partner business. The ability to see the customer’s point of view and to bring opinions of his/ her own.
• Thorough understanding of the complexity, interactions and dynamics of an international company
• Ability to manoeuvre in consistently changing and fast-pacing environment
• Ability to operate cross-functionally (omni-channel, sales, brand) and understanding of external business drivers.
• High level of experience in Project Management
• Excellent communication skills for persuasion and convincing others both internally and externally
• Strong result orientation and pro-activity –hands on approach
• Ability to think and act strategically and develop operational plans
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; analytical skills, managing large data quantities from multiple sources
• Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• University degree in Finance or Accounting
• CPA and/or MBA preferred
• 6+ years related experience
• Industry specific experience strongly preferred
• Managerial experience preferred
• Advanced excel skills required
• Familiarity with SAP and BI or other ERP/reporting software preferred