Private Sport Shop is the leading social ecommerce platform for sporting goods on the European market: 14 million registered members, 2.5 million app users, 1.4 million followers, 5 language versions – and ambitious growth plans for the coming years! Our base in Montpellier is a melting pot of (sports) cultures. Our 200 employees at Private Sport Shop practice (almost) every sport – and speak many languages besides French.
As part of its international development, Private Sport Shop is looking for a Business Developer (m/f) for the Dutch-speaking region to join its international sourcing team.
You will work closely with our sourcing team at head office (20 buyers specialised in sports for all relevant sports segments, from bike to tennis), as well as the Country Manager NL.
- Observation of the Dutch market: competitive intelligence, benchmarking and mapping of Dutch suppliers (brands, distributors, retailers)
- Interface between the purchasing team and suppliers from Dutch-speaking countries.
- CRM maintenance (Sugar CRM): identification and qualification of suppliers and contacts; contact planning, potential analyses and reporting.
- Establishment, support and further development of the supplier network: by telephone, in person, at regional trade fairs.
- Independent negotiation of terms and conditions with suppliers, supported by the purchasing team at head office.
- Annual planning: Independent management of a brand portfolio, seasonal sales planning.
- Management of sales activities with internal departments and suppliers from quotation to delivery and after-sales service
- Activity reports and strategic recommendations for the region
- A-levels and further education in purchasing / retail / sales / management
- Very good knowledge of the sports industry in Netherlands : brands, products, sales players. Ideally you already have a network.
- At least one significant commercial experience.
- You have a strong sales mentality, want to deliver results and always close the next deal.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
- Mastery of sales techniques (contact initiation, sales diplomacy, strategic planning)
- Analytical competence & Negotiation Skills
- Good command of the Office Pack, especially Microsoft Excel
- Dutch at a business-fluent level / native speaker, good knowledge of French and English
- Position based in Montpellier or home office with regular attendance at the head office in Montpellier.
- Availability: as soon as possible
- Permanent position