At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a show more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
Software Engineer – Site Reliability Engineering (Project Management)
We believe that “through sports we have the power to change lives”. adidas digital products are the most powerful tool we have, to touch the lives of our consumers.
At adidas, SRE is a capability that ensures stability and reliability of products built and run on large scale, distributed systems which in turn provide exceptional, uninterrupted User Experience for our Web and Mobile platforms.
As individuals, we are creative, collaborative and confident. As a team, we are agile, are empowered to make change, and are obsessed with maintaining stable and reliable platforms for our consumers.
- Coordinate and/or drive the design, writing, and delivery of software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of eCom services.
- Identify and detect repetitive incidents, analyze problems, and manage the building of automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Influence and manage the creation of new designs, architectures, and standards for stability and reliability in consumer facing systems
- Engage in service capacity planning, software performance analysis, and system tuning
- Conduct periodic on-call Incident Technical Support review to build an understanding of services managed by the team
- Maintain and enhance monitoring framework (data collection, alert aggregation, dashboarding) and Implement and enhance alerting logic (framework).
- Ensure tool standards, Exploit tool capability to fine tune product reliability.
- Integrate incident, release, monitoring, alerting tools into overall ecosystem.
- Measure and report SLI, MTTx in periodic reviews, analyze deviations and take actions to closure.
- Update runbooks with changes to process / tools.
- Drive Post-mortems to arrive at remedial actions.
- Ensure production release guidelines (entry/exit) and implementation are adhered to for changes to Production.
- Support CI/CD pipeline implementation and integration to quality and security.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- You help define standards, adopt new technologies,
- Highlight tech debt and ensuring it is addressed in the roadmap.
What we are looking for:
- Strong awareness and experience of working with Site Reliability Engineering principles and coordinating across multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Proactive, independent, and comfortable creating and maintaining processes
- 5 years’ experience in IT experience with 3 years in relevant area (DevOps / SRE).
- Aptitude to be a good team player and the desire to lead/drive initiatives.
- College or university degree with focus on IT or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Proficient spoken and written command of English.
- Specific technical skills:
- Hands on experience on enterprise tools set such as Grafana, Instana, Prometheus, ELK Stack etc.
- Has exposure to networking concepts (SSH, FTP, TCP/IP, DNS, Load balancing, CDN etc.).
- Has experience in any scripting language (bash / python / perl).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines including BitBucket, Jenkins.
- Experience operating high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed software in production: building monitoring into your code, tweaking dashboards, defining alerts.
- Knowledge of Agile software development principles including using JIRA.
- Experience in 24/7 high availability production environment.
- Exposure to ITIL processes.
- Nice to have experience:
- Experience with building Rest APIs, API Integration, and Web Services.
- Knowledge in Messaging and Streaming frameworks like – RabbitMQ / Kafka.
- Knowledge of server-side technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, NodeJS, Java…
- Understanding of public cloud offerings such as AWS components like EC2, IAM, RDS, Cloudwatch etc.
Main technologies we use:
- Microservices architecture
- Messaging and Streaming frameworks (RabbitMQ / Kafka)
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Monitoring and alerting: Grafana, Instana, Prometheus, ELK etc.
- Scripting language (bash / python / perl).
- CI/CD: Jenkins, BitBucket, Jenkins
What we offer:
- You will be part of a company where digital transformation, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
- You will join a team of talented and passionate engineers, with a lot of opportunities to grow and reach your expectations.
- You will be part of a highly engaged, multinational with international career opportunities.
- Individual development, training, and a tech community.
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance, and flexibility
- Competitive salary, benefits, and valuable discounts on adidas & Reebok products
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.If you are looking for growing professionally within adidas, we are happy to receive your application.