At adidas, we believe that “Through Sport, we have the power to change lives”.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers, and the best way to accelerate this process is through Digital.
Senior Platform Engineer
Our tech hub in Zaragoza is providing the technical solutions to the fast growth adidas digital business. We create the vision, design, build and operate everything related to digital B2C business, and internal solutions for adidas. From online web and mobile stores, to digital marketing, to internal products used during product creation lifecycle.
Customer is at the core of everything we do. We have the tremendous responsibility of creating the new, building premium experiences for our users. Our IT teams are continuously looking for creativity, perfection, and also satisfaction.
As part of the Platform Engineering Team we design, build and operate best-in-class technological platforms. The main goal of the central platform engineering team is to unlock the potential of the application teams, allowing them to spend more time focused on business functionality, increasing velocity and reducing time to market. Moreover, the enterprise can better scale across its applications with similar platforms and shared microservices, making it easier to staff engineer assignments, as well as access enterprise information.
Fast Data Platform team is in charge of the Data Streaming platform in adidas. This platform, based in Kafka Technology, is the corporate solution to enable asynchronous communication and streaming capabilities for product teams.
This platform is a solution built, maintained and operated by FDP team and offered as a PaaS solution to our internal stakeholders. Apart from that, the team invest a lot of time in the streaming community, providing consultancy, guidelines, best practices and architectural solutions. This requires a high grade of technical excellence, professionalism and compromise.
If you want to be part of our professional and ambitious team, please apply!
Are you ready to live adidas experience?
- Join an international team of talented and passionate engineers developing a cloud native platform:
- Design, manage and operate a data streaming platform.
- Design and Implement automation processes and observability solutions.
- Design and implement cloud native solutions on AWS.
- Design and implement cloud native solutions on Kubernetes.
- Help product teams to design and build streaming solutions based on Apache Kafka.
- Research last trends and technology in the market and enable them for our teams.
- Help to reshape adidas integration platform architecture with a modern cloud native toolset.
- Lead the internal streaming community sharing knowledge with the rest of the company.
- Service Level Management, monitoring SLA and KPI definitions and applying corrective operations when required.
- Autonomy to lead initiatives and projects, defining scope and executing required activities.
- Learning and sharing, attending and speaking at external conferences, internal communities and technical forums
- Engage with relevant stakeholders: Business teams, external vendors, QA Engineers, Solution Architects, Site Reliability Engineers, Product Owners, etc.
What we are looking for:
- College or university degree with focus on IT or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Min. 7 years of IT experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Proficient spoken and written command of English
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, tools and processes.
- Strong software quality assurance mindset, using tools and best practices, integrated in software delivery lifecycle.
- Required technical skills:
- Knowledge in Kafka Technology
- Strong Software development experience (e.g., GoLang, Java, Groovy, Python…)
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms (preferred AWS).
- Experience with continuous integration (CI/CD toolset).
- Experience with asynchronous communication paradigms.
- Nice to have technical skills:
- Hands-on experience with GoLang.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Prometheus stack.
- DevOps mindset: ownership of IT process from development/testing to deployment and operation phases.
- Problem solving skills and hands-on attitude.
- Experience working in agile teams (Scrum/Kanban).
- Growth mindset, continuous learning, always growing and improving.
Main technologies we use:
- Languages: Java 8+, GoLang, Groovy, Python
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Kubernetes templating: Helm
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation
- CI/CD: Jenkins.
- Observability: Prometheus stack, ELK stack, Grafana.
- Streaming: Kafka, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect, ksqlDB
- Cloud platforms: AWS.
- Agile methodologies: Scrum/Kanban.
What we offer:
- Be part of a company where digital transformation, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
- Join a team of talented and passionate engineers, with a lot of opportunities to learn, grow and reach your expectations.
- Individual development and training, being part of an active and exciting tech community.
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility.
- A job where you can demonstrate and boost your engineering and architecture experience while getting the wide adidas picture by collaborating with the different product teams
- An opportunity to grow as a leader
- A flexible and international work environment with lots of employee benefits (sports, flexible working hours, training & learning opportunities, etc.)
- Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas & Reebok products.
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
Do you have experience, or want to learn all the technologies we use? Are you looking for growing professionally within adidas? We are happy to receive your application.